• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Sign in to follow this  
Tengukashi

Str0be's presealed wbs bag tek, can it be used with oats?

Tengukashi

So I have a crapload of oats, and I love Str0be's no soak, no simmer bag tek. What tweaks would I need to make that tek work with oats?

Tengukashi

Not an answer, but I think i got it

So I was looking at this whole oat tek It says one cup of oats with 2/3 cup of water will hydrate to a traditional 300 ml grain jar. I propose this could be remixed with Strobe's tek pretty easily:  6 cups of whole oats, 4 cups of water, and a few pinches of gypsum per bag. One could theoretically make this with 3.5 cups of water and a half-cup of fresh coffee per bag, increasing the nutrient content and subsequent yields. I assume the air-less bags will account for the expansion of the oats as they hydrate.

• Like 1

El_Piraña

I don't know the answer, but if you get good results it would be cool to know. I just bought some bags but haven't used them yet. I also recently found oats and it would be nice to find an easy way to prepare w/ bags.  Good luck!

magicman

That will work, I think strobe switched to oats a few months ago right before he dissapeared again. Who knows when he will check back in, but you can do the NSNS tek in bags with oats.

One tip from making a ton of grain spawn bags, be somewhat gentle when massaging the bags to mix them up, when you're hydrating them after the PC and when you go to "shake" when they are 20-50% colonized. It's SO frustrating when the seam on the bottom of the bag rips and your grain goes all over the floor. I think I got a shitty batch last time I ordered though :angry:

• Like 2

OpenBar

Oats are just like other grains. if you don't want to use mushflush tek then you can use the WBS tek. I simmer my Oats for like 2 hr then dry out for another hr or so. then jar.

• Like 2