• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Those Who Were

DMT Mason Jar Lid Deterioration

Those Who Were

Hello yall, 

I have been saving all of my old dmt jars and recently did 2 pulls on each on of them all in one go. There were about 7 jars and every last one of their lid linings were deteriorating and flaking off. The deterioration is also noticeable on my very recently made jars.

This is especially concerning because i read on the nexus that those lids do contain BPA and im sure other things that may or may not be soluble in naphtha but nonetheless SHOULD NOT be contaminating your extractions.

I believe i have a solution to the problem where mason jars can still be used but i have not tested it out yet.

basically it envolved using a layer of ptfe to seperate your wb and nap from the lid.

PLEASE! DO NOT CONTINUE TO USE MASON JAR LIDS AND IF YOU DO YOU SHOULD IDEALY WASH OFF THE INSIDE OF THE LID WITH VINEGAR THEN WATER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ESPECIALLY BEFORE PUTTING AWAY THE JAR FOR STORAGE.

hopefully you wont open a jar to see fleks of coating falling into your wb.

JW

• Like 1

Awakened

Good call, I applaud your tip and thank you.

• Like 1

magicman

Hmm, I'll have to check my lids next time but I've never noticed that

• Like 1

Those Who Were

@mushmouth have you experienced this with the lids of your jars?

mushmouth

I have. The very first 2 jars I did. I never got any in the WB though. But when I washed them after the extract the white coating came off. All in one big piece. I've been using the same 2 lids since.

I really wasn't worried about it at all though.

Those Who Were

ahh good to know, i think the wb scraped pieces of it off in mine when shaking my old jars.

Mushinist

Could be the naps doing this, I haven't used mason jars personally but have ruined my fair share of pipette bulbs due to naps getting up in there and deteriorating the inside until it fails.

• Like 1