• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

magicman

All-in-One Bag Tek: From Grain to Fruit

1nickthegreek

Great tek mm, I am gonna have to try bags one of these days! 

• Like 2

NewFoundGlory

Nice Work.

I've done it that way for quite some time. Works well.

Less Glass to deal with.

• Like 2

Tump

I like this conspect a lot but where can you find these bavs to make them affordable

• Like 1

Saraceno

I love this MM!

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Saraceno
On 4/11/2017 at 8:01 AM, magicman said:

Here are the 3 bags ready for harvest. I should have harvested 2 days ago, but I kinda forgot about them. This strain is Blue Magnolia, which is pretty wild still. With more domesticated strains you usually get better results, as there are less possible phenotypes. Still, it is a good amount of mush from the 1st flush of these 3 bags, made with 1 small bag of grain.

These bags were only opened once when they were put into fruiting, and that was to pour out any excess water in the bag and give it a quick fanning. Otherwise they were kept shut and ignored until harvest time.

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

Total from all 3 bags 1st flush:

IMG_0131.JPG

This tek is finished, I hope you guys enjoyed it!!

(If a mod wanted to move this to the bag section that would be cool) :)

MM what would be a rough qt amount of substrate to make if you wanted a 2 inch layer in the 0.5 micron bag? For 1 bag or 4?

On 3/30/2017 at 6:35 PM, magicman said:

I am fruiting 3 bags I made 10 days ago. After 10 days in the inc they are usually pinning already. All I do is open them up, pour out any water that has pooled at the surface (usually only a few drops if anything). Then I fan them with a piece of cardboard or something, or hold the bag in front of a fan. I only do this for 10-15 seconds, and it's not even necessary :)

Seal those bad boys up and there's no need to open them again until harvest time!! Of course, you can open them once a day and fan, but it is really not necessary. I don't notice a difference in yield, it's just extra work.

The bags are kept in a room with a ceiling fan set on the lowest setting for fae, and there is light also. That's it! They should start pinning in a few days and the 1st flush harvest will be ready usually in 10-14 days after fruiting, somtimes sooner. I will post pics when there are fruits popping up in them bags :)

Here they are:

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

• Like 1

Saraceno

That is a really good trick! Thanks! Bags are ordered, can't wait to try this. Just to confirm - no casing? Would it help or have no effect at all?

• Like 2

magicman
1 hour ago, Saraceno said:

That is a really good trick! Thanks! Bags are ordered, can't wait to try this. Just to confirm - no casing? Would it help or have no effect at all?

No need for a casing :)

• Like 1

Niidaho

Sweet magic like always those are some meats mags mine were smaller 

• Like 1

Saraceno

Dumb question.....what is RO water? distilled?  i know, i know, dumb question!

Saraceno

THanks SW! How or where would i come across RO/ deionised water?

Samwise
8 hours ago, Saraceno said:

THanks SW! How or where would i come across RO/ deionised water?

I got my distilled water off eBay. I got 5 litres, but my workplace has numerous research labs, with good access to distilled water so I plan to top up when needed from there. Here in the UK at least it is also sold in petrol stations/garages as it is used in car batteries, radiators and engine cooling systems.

• Like 2

Saraceno

Great to know. Thank you!

Saraceno

Man, nocing those bags up was a bitch! Stuck myself right in the thumb through the bag! Blood everywhere lol. Re sanitized everything, taped up hole. Hope that bag doesn't tam out. 4 bags done 👍 wife wont let me take or post pics 👎

• Like 1

moxieshroom

Great write up and super simple. Now all I need is more time

• Like 1