• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Those Who Were

Mushroom Extraction

Those Who Were

@eithan0693 brought up the fact that we dont really have many extraction teks for mushies so i thought i would post this tek that fell into my lap from a friend who downcopied it from the interweb somwhere.

keep in mind i have only tried this once and am only transcribing the tek from my pictures. the one time i tried it, it didnt work because the vinegar bubbled over imediately when i added the basic solution. does anyone have other idead of how to push in this reaction?

• Like 2

Brad

I will try to find a tek I saw not to long ago. Basically, you need to soak the mushrooms in 96 percent alcohol, strain out solids and evaporate the alcohol. You dshould see "snow" falling to the bottom of the jar as it evaporates. I have not tried this and have never seen it done, but I was going to try it. I have a still so the strong alcohol would be easy go me to get.

• Like 2

eithan0693

I've seen lots of members having issues with the cotg teks. To be honest I have no idea which will work best, my focus is a pure product not necessarily just an extract so cotg isn't what I'm looking for but some people do report it works. This simple a/b tek looks really laid back and if it works I'll be super happy about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Those Who Were
11 hours ago, eithan0693 said:

I love this post! You can be sure I will be following this. One small thing, the actives your looking for are totally soluble at a ph of 5 in distilled water, I see no need for the acid part of this a/b other than maybe like 10ml of an acid just to get things going a little better for the first wash then using just water the second and third wash. I don't put vinegar in my tea?

i thought it was a little excessive as well and found it really hard to get down to ph 2 i think store bought vinegar is in reality 2.4? i cant remember but its not worth it. it does seem like a very simple process do you think pushing with lye would be fine? im telling you making that baking powder solution at the ph it calls for has to be impossible

8 hours ago, OpenBar said:

What Tek do you feel is best?

Have you tired the tek Al posted with water.

@johnwayne1357 can't wait to try it! I will be sure to take pics if ya need them.

i would really say al's tek is best but you do the water first i think or the other way around i cant rememeber. and i really want to attempt this tek again too and see if there is still a body load from the actives extracted from the dakak beach im otherwise going to burn.

• Like 2

eithan0693

Trust me your not alone, I did the same thing all day yesterday and the ph refused to go above 6.5 and I'm like um there an issue after half a box of baking soda.. Whoops. Super excited to see the results :D

• Like 2

RhythmAddict

Following.  the bodyload and "hardness" is starting to get rough so i turned to tea and if this is better for a smooth ride im in.

• Like 1

RhythmAddict

I think i may start with those after a few more successful cube runs.  the tea was such a nice change from feeling gripped and clenched.  always starts with that feeling like a rollercoaster drop.  i keep emergency benzos but those effectively kill the trip for the most part.  this is still a cool tek JW and im def interested if it can clean up cubes a bit.

• Like 2

Those Who Were

ok so while thats in the hot water bath i have been trying to make the ph 8 solution with the oven made sodium carbonate, my ph meter is only calibrated at 4.0 right now so this is most likely off but with the amount i made i can only get to 7.0 and not much has disolved. this is quite frustrating so I am going to just go with lye. the only problem is again my ph meter isnt properly calibrated. thoughts?

• Like 2

eithan0693

I'm thinking use the lye and let us know what goes down my good sir! Also hydroponic gardening stores pretty much always carry litmus ph paper.

• Like 1

RhythmAddict

Not trying to hijak the thread but why are fresh cubes so harsh?  it seems time and hot water mellows them out.  makes me wonder what is breaking down or changing.  even smaller doses can come on hard

Tump

Have you tired simple acid base... Could I try it with like 3 qts of sub dried out. Maybe just use clear ammonia then filter then nathpa . its what I use for dxm and k

• Like 1