Red Reishi Bags

Yes they all have value. I've grown them. Might want to just invort grow them with bag closed. My friend on the other site "grower" had highest yield that way. Like 1 spawn jar to 40 to 50 small bags like 1 to 2% spawn rate then leave them for a few months and bam brown antlers everywhere. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1nickthegreek

Very nice @magicman. :headbang:I  sure wish that I hadn't dropped that agar wedge that you sent me. It finally tammed out on me so I threw the jar out. Luckily I have a jar each of red and yellow reishi LC so I can nocc a plate or two of each and clean it up and hopefully return the favors to the ology family soon. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Mushinist

Those look great magic! Any updates to these, did the conks form?

Mushinist

Looking good magic, those are some tall antlers and even though they haven't formed conks I'm sure they still have some medicine in them and worth a shot. Once I get some I'm gonna try both ways, indoors and outdoors.

@phishphan I look forward to that thread and would appreciate the details on your method!

phish
28 minutes ago, Mushinist said:

Looking good magic, those are some tall antlers and even though they haven't formed conks I'm sure they still have some medicine in them and worth a shot. Once I get some I'm gonna try both ways, indoors and outdoors.

@phishphan I look forward to that thread and would appreciate the details on your method!

It's just been posted Mush

• Like 2
magicman
32 minutes ago, phishphan said:

I've currently got a Red Reishi block fruiting beautiful conks MM. Ive never grown them before now, and am pretty happy how they're lookin.

I used gypsum and Wheat Bran in my sawdust spawn, I let it colonize, and kept it in my IC till I had blobs all over the top of the block. I never really formed antlers, just blobs that had all kinds of funky colors on em.Thick layers of mycellium  crawling all over the bag too, such that I couldn't see inside anymore.

At that point, looking for conks, I cut the entire bag down to the top of the block and put it in my Martha  at 90-95% humidity and about 70F.

Im fanning a lot still, but I see changes every day. Was probably 10 days in the Martha before they stated to resemble conks.

Ill start a thread with a couple pics

Awesome phish, thanks for that info! I look forward to seeing yours. I will try again your way :) My substrate was pretty much the same, but I think I forgot to add gypsom and lime.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
magicman

Noooooo!!!!!! I was gonna harvest my 1 remaining reishi bag last night, cuz they haven't done shit since I put them in the GH, but I fell asleep. Today I went to grab it and the fucking thing was covered in greed mold :angry: I tossed the whole thing, along with almost everything in the GH. Fuck my lazy ass!!! Time to start again, this time I'm just gonna leave them in the bags and harvest the antlers when I start to see spores.

• Like 1
Mushinist

Damn that blows, green over night? 

Time to break out the cleaning gear and what all else did you have going, was you still working on those gt trays and oysters?

magicman

Ya I tossed all but 2 of the GT trays and one oyster block. I am gonna harvest fresh oysters tonight for dinner then toss the block. The freshies look ok, and I'm just gonna cook them until crispy like fried onion strings and put them on top of a burger or something. I did that last time I cooked those Pearls and they were delicious.

• Like 2
Furthur

Interesting log, i always like to see medicinal and edible grows. 

That green ninja strikes yet again, chalk it up as part of the hobby, it happens to everyone. Hopefully you will have better results next time. 

Looking forward to future grows from you.

• Like 1