• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

tbtitans1    18
tbtitans1

Hey guys, so I was thinking this is just excretion of metabolites, but I'm not sure what would be causing that. Any ideas what this is? Thanks

image.jpeg

Tump    1,779
Tump

Brusing, bacteria, or high humidity. I think I see pins on the left one

Mushpunx    59
Mushpunx

Those are very bacterial. You have pins though so that's good. 

FYI metabolites are not normal , they are only present when the myceilum is stressed, usually from bacteria

• Like 2

tbtitans1    18
tbtitans1
On 4/21/2017 at 8:29 PM, Mushpunx said:

Those are very bacterial. You have pins though so that's good. 

FYI metabolites are not normal , they are only present when the myceilum is stressed, usually from bacteria

What is the indicator for being bacterial? They smell fine and produced fruits with a nice set of pins. Are the fruits still edible? Thanks

Mushpunx    59
Mushpunx

Thick thick white myc like that. Bacterial subs often have no smell at all believe it or not. They often will flush OK, and the fruits are fine to eat yes

• Like 2

tbtitans1    18
tbtitans1
6 hours ago, Mushpunx said:

Thick thick white myc like that. Bacterial subs often have no smell at all believe it or not. They often will flush OK, and the fruits are fine to eat yes

Thanks for the heads up. For the future, what is the typical cause of bacterial contam? Subs looked fine when I took out of jars and put into terrarium. Thanks