• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

47blunts

How do I sterilize contam syringe

47blunts

Can I pressure syringe?

1nickthegreek

Just boil it and then wrap in aluminum foil and pc it 

47blunts

Boil whole syringe? Or suck up boiled water?

7 minutes ago, 1nickthegreek said:

Just boil it and then wrap in aluminum foil and pc it 

Tump

Better yet....

Boil clean water hard for 10 mins. Stick the needle in deep the still boiling water and suck up water. Wait 2 mins and empty the syringe then suck up more boiling water. Do this 3 times. On the 3rd time after you suck the boiling water up then flame heat the needle until its red, put the needle cap on the hot needle.

Done sterile clean syringe. When needed just red hot flame the needle again after squinting a little water out.

• Like 1

Void425

In boiling water it takes a minimum of 45-90 minutes to Sterilize because the temp is only 212f.

Using the steam in a  Pressure cooker at 15 PSI it takes at least 15 minutes to Sterilize a thin item like syringe because the temp is about 250f.

The time only starts counting once the whole items is at the minimum temp.  Thicker items take longer to get the internal temperture up.  This is why LC Jars with liquid take 30 minutes, while grains/substrates/casings take 90 minutes.  People usually just use time when the cooker is at full pressure because it is much simpler then actually getting the temp of the item inside the cooker and then counting 15 minutes.

Just suck up some water in the syringes then wrap them in foil.  Put them on top your jars in your next batch you pressure cook.  Leaveing them in the extra time is not going to hurt them.

• Like 2

mushmouth

I individually wrap each syringe, put them in a qt jar and PC them for 20 minutes.

47blunts

You wrapped with foil?

16 hours ago, mushmouth said:

I individually wrap each syringe, put them in a qt jar and PC them for 20 minutes.

I'm currently tossing the contents of my gt jars and about to run the pc 

• Like 1