Welcome to Shroomology

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DirtBagDan

what gage syringe to use with lc

Question

Any advice on gage of needle for use on lc? Any good sources online?

8 answers to this question

16 g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Thank you

1 person likes this

And eBay for online. Rural king has them in 25 packs. 16 is good just be gentle with your ports

1 person likes this

I find 18 ga. works just fine and no plugging or sticking syringes from over sized mycelial mass, although I do have a tendency to shake my lc and break it up. I've used 20 ga but too small for my liking and better suited for spore syringes. 16 are a little large IMO as I use injection ports and not rtv injection sites on my lids. Good luck with it, LC's are great.

2 people like this

Have picked them up at tractor supply before

I believe a 16 gauge is perfect.  If you are using quarts you want a 16 gauge that is 4" long ( 3" works ) to get around in the jar easier.

I could not find any 3" or 4" 16 gauges.  I ended up buying the 4" 14 gauge and those do really tear up your ports.  However, I will gladly continue to use the 14 guage long's vs a 16 gauge short.

It's hard to find proper needles at those gauges that aren't blunt tipped.  I did find 16 gauge that are 1 and 1/2 inch long after seeing.serious searching.  I'd suggest looking at vet supply places once you're getting that big.  @Void425 I'd love to use 14 gauge if I can find them.  I still struggled getting the LC sucked up in 16 gauge.  And I had the lid off the jar in a  +pressure box trying to get the easiest bits.

49 minutes ago, RhythmAddict said:

It's hard to find proper needles at those gauges that aren't blunt tipped.  

I have been using the blunt tip ones.  Sometimes it can be a little tricky puncturing the bag to innoculate, but generally they seem to work just fine.  Easier then fighting with a short needle....a bit safer too if your clumsy.