• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

MycoDude24

To shake or not to shake

MycoDude24

Should i shake the bags there about 80% but growth hasn't slowed or stalled. Should i just let it go too 100% and spawn my sub?

20170617_121304_HDR.jpg Forgot to say that the mycelium looks like its colonizing from the inside out

20170617_121339_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

phish

They look great . Do not mix or shake them at this point. You're gonna be perfectly fine

• Like 1

MycoDude24

So i should just let tjem finish like that and only break it up when i spawn my sub? Also whats a good size tub to use

• Like 1

phish

Exactly . I would probably use a 6 qt tub at about a 1:4 ratio, sub to spawn. Idk how much spawn you have there but I would guess about a little less than aquart.

• Like 1

Tump

G2g to like 5 jars then spawn to 6 qt tub unless thats much more like 3 or its then build a no modified mono

• Like 1

mescawin

Couldnt you just fruit in the bags? Why risk transferring to tubs? Just curious.

• Like 1

MycoDude24

@mescawin i could but i still have to open them up to mix my sub. I kinda figured that eaither way it will exposed to air. @phishphan i have to pounds of rye and  5 pounds of sub. 

phish

Mescawin has a good point, but I personally stay far away from bags..You set yourself up for high hopes, low yield and big heartbreak imo. There are better ways for a higher yield . ...So you basically have 2 lbs ( roughly a full quart of  spawn,) and a bunch of substrate. Either way your shit is all gonna be exposed to the air when you " spawn to sub".  It's ok. Just make sure to have all your stuff ready, move quickly and keep a sharp focus on cleanliness in your process..... I would suggest you get a clean trash bag, break up and dump your spawn in there, toss all your substrate in mix it up good and follow MushZombies 6qt   ZombieTub tek.   Easy Peasy and perfect for a first time bulk grow. I use a modified version in which I fan and mist as I feel needed, cuz I'm obsessive and overprotective of my babies.

What is your sub made of btw? Sterilized in a PC? Pasteurized ?

• Like 2

MycoDude24

It was pasteurized. Its dehydrated horse manure,coir,verm,and gypsum to balance pH.