• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Canipheng

How much longer for WBS to colonize?

Canipheng    55
Canipheng

It's been 7 days since I inoculated the WBS with spore syringe. No signs of life with the naked eye, mycelium or contamination. Kept in grow tent at 80 degrees, in the dark and undisturbed until now. Was PC for 2 hours after doing ZM wbs tek. Should I reinject more spores or wait longer? Strain is B+ from redacted (< delete post if against the rules). Thanks for looking.IMG_0182.JPG.06bcd5314438ceff15aad963db6e7827.JPG

• Like 1

Canipheng    55
Canipheng

Alright, thanks magic. Back in the tent they go.

Should I start a LC since there's about 4 ml of spore left in the syringe? I have 3 other strains besides the B+. 

• Like 1

Canipheng    55
Canipheng

Sounds like a plan Cue. I'm thinking about running rye berries. There's oats I can get cheap locally. Time to decide.

• Like 1

Cue    570
Cue

Rye berries are too expensive where I live.

Did I mention that I'm cheap? So, I would go with the Oats.

• Like 2

Mush Zombie    24,158
Mush Zombie

Oats work. So does WBS. I use both depending on what I have in my closet. Wait a little longer. Although my syringes germinate in 2-5 days  - because I dont add things to my water like lubricants and other chemicals to thicken the water, or prevent the spores from sticking to the syringe barrel/plunger. drip a little of the spore solution on your finger. I am sure you will find it is greasy, like lubricant. That is very popular with a couple of spore vendors. Those vendors syringes that are adding whatever it is to the water that makes it greasy feeling always take longer to germinate. 

• Like 2

Cue    570
Cue

I prefer WBS, with Oats a close second.

• Like 2

Mush Zombie    24,158
Mush Zombie

I got a ton of white wheat right now also. I've had it for like 3 years. I typically grab the wbs first. I actually wait for wbs to go on sale and stock up on it. But that does not mean people should not experiment with different grains and methods. Because you might find something else just works better for you than it would for me. I watch alot of people grow different ways and some of those ways, like bags, I'm just really not good at for some reason. 

Always experiment and try new things. 

• Like 2

Canipheng    55
Canipheng

Going down this new rabbit hole will be quite an experience. I'm looking at building a glove box or maybe a flow hood. I do have an extra 6" in line fan sitting around. Been reading up on both teks. Agar confuses me a bit after reading up on it. Good thing things are slowing down around me freeing up a bit of time. So much more to learn. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

Gemini42    65
Gemini42

I had some weak spores that never colonized but I did wait 3 weeks for one and it did colonize. It was P.E that ended up fruiting something else. Like above I would wait and just start lining up the next contenders. I think sometimes you can get weak spores that just struggle the whole time.....but they surprise you too many times so patience is the game... :) good luck

• Like 1

Mush Zombie    24,158
Mush Zombie

yeah s101 tries really hard to copy my syringes. however, PG is an alcohol and will kill spores ;) sorry guys not how i make mine, try again. my aqueous solution is proprietary and many will try to copy it but never succeed :lol: heres a hint. it is not nutritive, but prevents complete freezing, while distributing the spores evenly and preventing them from sticking to the barrel and the plunger, keeping them suspended in the solution instead. 

• Like 1

Fungi2b    1,814
Fungi2b

Is buying yours the only way to sponsor the site?

• Like 1

Canipheng    55
Canipheng

I'm thinking my syringes are no longer viable. Shipping during the summer left them in hot mail boxes may have killed off the spores. I still have 3 syringes left that I'm still going to give a shot. I scrapped the B+ and now trying to noc the Cambodians. If the spores don't work out, I'll have to wait till the fall to reorder.

• Like 1

Tump    1,779
Tump
On 7/21/2017 at 10:20 PM, Mush Zombie said:

yeah s101 tries really hard to copy my syringes. however, PG is an alcohol and will kill spores ;) sorry guys not how i make mine, try again. my aqueous solution is proprietary and many will try to copy it but never succeed :lol: heres a hint. it is not nutritive, but prevents complete freezing, while distributing the spores evenly and preventing them from sticking to the barrel and the plunger, keeping them suspended in the solution instead. 

Is its aerogel. And why can't you let us buy form you directly. I bet you have a few mutant secret strains yoh creatied. I bet PE got nothing on zombie strain number 5 lol.

• Like 1

Mush Zombie    24,158
Mush Zombie

What is an aerogel? If you're referring to my syringes you have no clue what you're talking about, because that's not even close.

• Like 2

Fungi2b    1,814
Fungi2b

It's not Aero gel      thatss a solid for Christ sake lol

Be honest if you created a stable mutant killer shroom how keen would you be with just anybody getting your genetics? @Tump

• Like 1

Fungi2b    1,814
Fungi2b

That's why I said "just anybody" not anyone

tomentose    1,078
tomentose

aerogels are so cool

• Like 1

Fungi2b    1,814
Fungi2b

Right man but expensive

dylatov.pass    2
dylatov.pass

i am a noob, but i have been researching cultivation like crazy...

i just did my first agar plates and i also made a glove-box on the cheap...

wal-mart is the place to save $ (if you dont mind shop-lifting)...

1. rubber gloves can be stuffed down pants...($free)

2. large clear bin can be aquired for $3 if you pull the bar-code sticker off a smaller container, stick it over the large bin's and go to self check out...scan it but put it back in your buggy instead of the bagging area...($3)

3. use cheap drainage pipe for hand-hole rings...($3)

4. put a couple of tubes of silicone caulk in you pockets...($free)

***be alert, be careful, trust your gut***

On 7/17/2017 at 0:52 AM, Canipheng said:

Going down this new rabbit hole will be quite an experience. I'm looking at building a glove box or maybe a flow hood. I do have an extra 6" in line fan sitting around. Been reading up on both teks. Agar confuses me a bit after reading up on it. Good thing things are slowing down around me freeing up a bit of time. So much more to learn. Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by dylatov.pass
insert quote