Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, my long anticipated spore print (equadore) from my fried has arrived a couple days ago. All happy and moudy I prepared everything: I PC distilled water and syringes with needels, and putted all in glovebox and started to work. I guess I was a bit moved and not 100% present, I was cleaning all with alc. (98%), prob. poured too much and when I wanted to torch scalpel prob. didnt w8 long enough . . . BOOOM!!! Blue flame was everywhere and started to expand box and pressure my hands even pressured syringes (water got out of it). All happened in a split of sec, I pulled my hands back and teared gloves and pipes out and flame went out thru that holes, luckely it just burned a bit of hair and skin on my hands. But I ruined all, destroyed print, fucked my glovebox:facepalm:. At least i w8 my columbians, they are almoust fully colonized. Hope someonecan learn from my experience.:unsure:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awakened

The roof
The roof
The roof is on fire,
We don't need no water let the mother fuckers burn
Burn mother fuckers, Burn

Better luck next time MrConan, your could be right about needing to wait a little longer for things to cool down.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Awakened said:



Better luck next time MrConan, your could be right about needing to wait a little longer for things to cool down.

Yes, and probably use a less % alc. in glovebox.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awakened

Isopropanol is a good sterilizer, the reason I have never encountered the problem you have stated is because I use an alternative for my cleaner.

Bleach diluted with water works very well and will not catch on fire. In the past, I have read in the forums that the minimum ratio of bleach to water that can be used is
10:1
That's 10 parts water to 1 part bleach.
I always over killed it doing a 4:1 ration of water to bleach.
The exact molarity of bleach required to kill molds, bacteria and other contaminates is not known by myself, so I cannot give you a more precise answer to the ratio.

Take note that if you do start to use bleach, be cautious to wear only white clothing because it will ruin all the black clothing one has.


 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You may want to consider switching over to bleach wipes.

Alcohol is great for fighting bacteria, but I think bleach is more effective against mold spores.

 

Awakened beat me to the punch.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand mate. Just piece back together the dream and start again. Hair burnt isn't fun but its much better then what could have happened to you.  My cousin in new York blow up his glove box and burned out half his apartment with 3rd degree burns up all the way to his neck. But if your ever into burning stuff Lysol spray and open air mix well:(

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Flawedprophecy

Over the years this is probably the fourth time someone had done this. I think it was twotails or someone who joined around him that blew theirs up. You patent alone though but no more fire lol 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
tomentose

"Instructionz were unclear, dick is now burnt"

 

Running with mycelium studio inc

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fungi2b
1 minute ago, tomentose said:

"Instructionz were unclear, dick is now burnt"

 

Running with mycelium studio inc

 

 

Following the "naked fire dance" inoc tek? (Only for Hawaiian strains bud)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fungi2b

 

On 7/24/2017 at 2:36 AM, MrConan said:

Hi guys, my long anticipated spore print (equadore) from my fried has arrived a couple days ago. All happy and moudy I prepared everything: I PC distilled water and syringes with needels, and putted all in glovebox and started to work. I guess I was a bit moved and not 100% present, I was cleaning all with alc. (98%), prob. poured too much and when I wanted to torch scalpel prob. didnt w8 long enough . . . BOOOM!!! Blue flame was everywhere and started to expand box and pressure my hands even pressured syringes (water got out of it). All happened in a split of sec, I pulled my hands back and teared gloves and pipes out and flame went out thru that holes, luckely it just burned a bit of hair and skin on my hands. But I ruined all, destroyed print, fucked my glovebox:facepalm:. At least i w8 my columbians, they are almoust fully colonized. Hope someonecan learn from my experience.:unsure:

 

On 7/25/2017 at 3:24 PM, Flawedprophecy said:

Over the years this is probably the fourth time someone had done this. I think it was twotails or someone who joined around him that blew theirs up. You patent alone though but no more fire lol 

 

19 hours ago, tomentose said:

.


I did the exact same thing last fall. I misted it with 99% iso then let it sit way not long cuz I was tweekin..had just showerd I wasn't wearing pants..burnt my thighs, hips,forearms and dick. Caught my boxers on fire..burnt all the hair off my face.

Iv been thinking about all this alot because I'm planning a better g.b and don't want to explode...tooo much. Would a flapper for a commode take outta the plumbing section and a silicon flat doughnut gasket work as a fire safety MOD on top of a GB or side (hinge up) as long as that was the point of least resistance it would vent the expanding gas b4 it went elsewhere.

BTW wanna laugh? see my first g.b? It's now a box for my myc shit.15010979683301831545490.jpg.fa494475621534a370d400d06c72e6ef.jpgthis was b4 I decided I needed the interwebz to get this right.:facepalm:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...