Jump to content

First ever edible grow log


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mushinist

    33

  • phish

    14

  • mushmouth

    11

  • Mush Zombie

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So for a bit now I've been talking about trying the edible side of mush growing and finally have done it with pink oysters. There will be others coming soon (golden oyster, king oyster, reishi an

Lions mane, though it looks like cauliflower, lol. Thanks @phishphan for informing me as to why (too high of a temp in the GH) and maybe next go around will look a little more traditional. And ph

Couple kings so far.

Posted Images

Mushinist

 

8 hours ago, Niidaho said:

Those are nice I had some big kings but yours beat mine mush very nice! How do the reishi taste by by the way ? 

Reishi is bitter unless you take a capsule form of the extracts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
mushmouth
8 minutes ago, Mushinist said:

I cut them into "steaks" and then sauté them. To do it properly you have to first cook some of the moisture out of it on medium heat and once it starts to lightly brown then add just a dab of butter. Never are they soggy. Soup will be next! They are very tasty!

That does sound good :stupid:

Link to post
Share on other sites
mushmouth
2 minutes ago, phish said:

I’ve got a great recipe. I swear it’s an award winner. Where should I post it where it won’t get buried

We need a Food/ Recipe subforum here somewhere for all our favorites.

 

Yeah that sounds like the ticket man. Brown them up slowly before adding butter.

Hey admin. Post that shit anywhere and pin it, lol :stupid:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mushinist said:

Hell yeah post it so I can make it! :thumbs_up:

When I get home tomorrow , I’ll find it and send you a copy by pm, so you have it ASAP, before I get a chance to post it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mushinist
3 hours ago, phish said:

When I get home tomorrow , I’ll find it and send you a copy by pm, so you have it ASAP, before I get a chance to post it.

Fantastic! Look forward to it.

 

1 hour ago, Brody said:

Soooo....any chance you’re gonna try and spore print those puppies?!?  Hint hint

Maybe next go around, right now though I just have agar, and LC of it that I'm using.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
Mushinist

The 2 big ones in lower left were 6 cups diced up, I'm using 7 cups for the soup because I only have enough ingredients for that much. They smell so good!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mushinist
2 hours ago, Polobuddy said:

I so want to do this, this topping looks seeet in there!!!

Grow or find some lions mane and you can make it. Very good recipe courtesy of phish!  Had to have a second bowl, lol.

I'm betting this will work with about any shroom though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Polobuddy

I love the green garnish, looks like something out of hell’s kitchen, 🤯 presentation is 80% of the picture, I’d enjoy the fungi of the remaining 20% 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brody said:

Where’d you post the recipe? I put my lion’s mane to fruit today. Exciting!

I can post it up on the site next week😉

10 hours ago, Polobuddy said:

I love the green garnish, looks like something out of hell’s kitchen, 🤯 presentation is 80% of the picture, I’d enjoy the fungi of the remaining 20% 😉

“ a sprinkle of scallions” to garnish

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

×
×
  • Create New...