• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

GRayt_ray

Slow jar question.

GRayt_ray

I innoculated these jars on 9/8. I feel like 4 are going really slow for some reason. Maybe they are colonizing in the middle of the jars instead of the outside? I drew lines where the myc was a couple days ago because I thought they stalled on me. What is yalls advice or thoughts.

These are the "fast" ones

image.jpg

And the slow ones Inc sitting at 78-79 constantly

image.jpg

• Like 1

GRayt_ray

You think they are ready? Atleast the good ones?

If they do have tam shaking will bring it out quicker and if they don't they will speed up hopefully. So just go ahead?

GRayt_ray

The deed is done some had growth on the inside and some didnt

I'll let y'all know the outcome in a couple days 

El_Piraña

You should definitely see them recovering soon, at least within a couple days.

• Like 1

GRayt_ray

My last jars I could tell recovery In a day or two. I hope those 4 slow ones make it

• Like 1

Fungi2b

Some take a lil longer  maybe a weaker colony was predominate in those jars than in the faster ones.

phish

Your fast jars were ready for a shake anyway. And your slow jars will benefit  from the shake too,

Did you use a multispore solution syringe to inoculate those grains?

You should shake the living hell out of any ms syringe to disperse the spores within the solution before using them. I'm thinking your slow jars may have gotten the short end of the spore solution,and the cause of them lagging behind.

Moisture content could be low. That can be enough to slow them down or even stall them too.

• Like 1

GRayt_ray

I was worried about them being too moist there was moisture in the top of the jars on the slow ones. Well one or two of them. Probably didn't shake the syringe good enough. I flame sterilized 4 and not 3 though. We will see in the next couple days I bet it didn't have a lot of spores though 

I have them seperated the good from the slow to watch colonization times(I forgot I marked them with sharpie so it wouldn't matter) but hopefully they will bounce back like wild fire 

phish
5 minutes ago, GRayt_ray said:

I was worried about them being too moist there was moisture in the top of the jars on the slow ones. Well one or two of them. Probably didn't shake the syringe good enough. I flame sterilized 4 and not 3 though. We will see in the next couple days I bet it didn't have a lot of spores though 

I saw that condensation and it may be coming from a change in temperature if you repeatedly pull them from an IC to look at them.

Leave em alone

• Like 1

GRayt_ray

The weird thing it was on half the jar. Yeah I have a problem with that.. I need to stop it I just think it's neat/Annoying that they all aren't growing around the same pace. But oh well

• Haha 1

GRayt_ray

I know it that's what we will figure out in a couple days if it contams or not

And my lc would be contam'd cause it went last. But I know you gotta noc up grain to really see but it looks healthy

GRayt_ray

Y'all think this is ready? Bout two clouds that size. And how many would 10 ML's innoc?

IMG_1532.JPG

• Like 1

Fungi2b

That looks sweet 

GRayt_ray

From what I've read I need 1-2 cc per jar

• Like 2

Fungi2b

Man if you break that up real good and get a thick pull outta it you can prob lean closer to 1

GRayt_ray

Ok cause I don't know anything about it. Been trying to read on it too and can't figure it out 

• Confused 1

Fungi2b

Where you getting hung up? You can use less l.c than ms solution cause the myc is already formed. And what I meant by "thick pull" was a syringe fulll of broke up myc.

• Like 1

Tump

No offense but I disagrees. Lc can be add more readly then ms by high volumes. With spores less is more vs Lc where more is more. With drier grain jars you can safety add up to 10 ml of Lc with no problem as well as I have with huge syringe you should do 2 or 3 no. Because its impossible to do 1ml on an unmarked 120 ml syringe. I'm sure mz and others will disagree about water content and grains which is fair.

But in my opinion 1 master Lc jars makes a shit ton of secondly lc jars and even more jars of grain then anyone here knows what to do with so in that sense you make 600ml of Lc which at 1 ml makes 600 jars or at 3 ml it makes 200 jars either way it will take a long time to finish with just the master jar let alone others

Fungi2b

@Tump......K

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

phish
13 hours ago, Tump said:

No offense but I disagrees. Lc can be add more readly then ms by high volumes. With spores less is more vs Lc where more is more. With drier grain jars you can safety add up to 10 ml of Lc with no problem as well as I have with huge syringe you should do 2 or 3 no. Because its impossible to do 1ml on an unmarked 120 ml syringe. I'm sure mz and others will disagree about water content and grains which is fair.

But in my opinion 1 master Lc jars makes a shit ton of secondly lc jars and even more jars of grain then anyone here knows what to do with so in that sense you make 600ml of Lc which at 1 ml makes 600 jars or at 3 ml it makes 200 jars either way it will take a long time to finish with just the master jar let alone others

:blink:I think GRay just wants to know how many grain jar he can inoculate with a 10ml syringe of LC.

A 10ml syringe can hold a little more than 10 ml. Yeah you can get 10 jars nocced up but , I'd shoot for 6-7. Keep one of those aside as a MASTER , to use for grain to grain transfers. 

• Like 2

GRayt_ray

Thanks @phishphan that's what I was looking for. And the master should have a little more grain in it than a normal jar right? Picking up some oats today to try it out..

tomentose

When you make up LC from multispore, and you let it fully grow,  it ceases to be multispore correct?

On 9/18/2017 at 8:39 PM, GRayt_ray said:

Y'all think this is ready? Bout two clouds that size. And how many would 10 ML's innoc?

IMG_1532.JPG

that doesnt look ready to me, ask @GoAuto6 his LC looks dank af

and its always a good idea to knock up 1 jar with it when your new to LC because alot of mold will also grow in solution if possible

• Like 1

GoAuto6

Not sure about that, my lc doesn't seem to be colinising? I'll show you what I mean...

20170920_135530.jpg.ba28ed77176e32c5fcd20473f9e9eae2.jpg20170920_135334.jpg.f1654e28ca9496d844ebefc9f0fb05ce.jpg20170920_135532.jpg.30ab228a7d53c02e5aae7eea5a7b2922.jpg

Upon closer inspection it dose seem to be suspending sediment in the solution...

• Butthurt 1