• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Fungi2b    1,578
Fungi2b

The way I worded things was misleading it seems. Iv yet to germinate spores on agar every attempt has failed due to tam or just no growth. I typically get my myc samples when I do my first round of g2g and I refine from there. @Niidaho and @El_Pirañaand @openbar you guys are where I'm gathering my info Iv been going through old posts about agar so I'm learning from you guys lol. I'm gonna grab that timer I think we have talked about it b4 I got the tamp.s

• Like 2

Tump    1,722
Tump

Sweet.be happy its black Friday you get that mycoahit done. Poor pb.

Fungi2b    1,578
Fungi2b

@Tump why "poor p.b" man? Iv still got the o.g print that Gave me that weird grow. Maybe I can repeat it. 

GRayt_ray    417
GRayt_ray

Awesome I was worried it would be dirty cause my first time ect ect. Excited to see how it does, will be mad if you get a great flush lol

Fungi2b    1,578
Fungi2b

@GRayt_ray Well the print I chose and the section I took noced up a few half pints I didn't let them grow out tho I just wanted the myc. It was mainly tomentose growth so that's what I isolated, it looks real good for only one round of isolation to me. So far none of it has Tammed but I pitched the other jars b-4 they finished. Let me know if you want a print back after I fruit a full canopy of these weirdos, and show you what's up.

Niidaho    2,470
Niidaho
On November 13, 2017 at 8:37 PM, Fungi2b said:

The way I worded things was misleading it seems. Iv yet to germinate spores on agar every attempt has failed due to tam or just no growth. I typically get my myc samples when I do my first round of g2g and I refine from there. @Niidaho and @El_Pirañaand @openbar you guys are where I'm gathering my info Iv been going through old posts about agar so I'm learning from you guys lol. I'm gonna grab that timer I think we have talked about it b4 I got the tamp.s

Oh god learn from ob and el lol are u streaking your plates ?and are u getting bacteria are mold contaminations? Might want to try antibiotic are hydrogen peroxide agar .with hydrogen agar u will have to streak heavy it will kill some of the spore but also the tams .

Fungi2b    1,578
Fungi2b

Your in p.a right? I see those often but I really don't think they are "wavy caps". They don't bruise or leave a purp print do they?

@Niidaho no I didn't streak I just dripped. And just didn't get growth at all or I got a super light fuzz that I didn't know what it was so I threw it out. Methinks I either didn't let them hydrate long enough or I jacked the p.h of that round of agar up too much for germination. Iv been making very base agar and adding antibiotics like keflex, for awhile now. With mixed results, I'm sure it's just a matter of me sitting down and making a effort to germ them on agar but Iv been busy with a bunch of other myc stuff ATM. I'm gonna prep for pan jam, more ajax and purple mystic when all this Alacab is done, so maybe I'll try again with the agar instead of going directly to grain and harvesting myc from a grain jar.

Fungi2b    1,578
Fungi2b

I got 30 qrt of mixed Alacab stuff and about 10 qrt of Ajax about to come outta the jar incu get kitted and go into the run incu. I'm half tempted to go for another big mono tub or 2 with half that Alacab and the ajax but I gotta see how much mush I get outta the current grows before I risk losing all my spawn.

magicman    5,210
magicman
On 11/13/2017 at 9:37 PM, Fungi2b said:

Iv yet to germinate spores on agar every attempt has failed due to tam or just no growth

Try putting a splash of brewed coffee in your agar mix, it helps your spores to germ. It's a trick I learned trying to get wild cube spores to germ before the tams took over.

• Like 1

Fungi2b    1,578
Fungi2b

@magicman will do man, Iv started using coffee in my grain soaks and coir water so why not agar as well. Thanks guys I think you guys are doing great guiding me along. I feel a lot better and calmer now that I'm gaining more exp and knowledge. And now that Iv learned how to clean up from a Trich run I don't feel so damn lost and uptight all the time. I'm really beginning to enjoy myself more and more. 

Niidaho    2,470
Niidaho
45 minutes ago, Fungi2b said:

@magicman will do man, Iv started using coffee in my grain soaks and coir water so why not agar as well. Thanks guys I think you guys are doing great guiding me along. I feel a lot better and calmer now that I'm gaining more exp and knowledge. And now that Iv learned how to clean up from a Trich run I don't feel so damn lost and uptight all the time. I'm really beginning to enjoy myself more and more. 

Damn that's a new one will def try it ! Put me down for a pm fun if u don't mind .its nice when u get it down and u have enuf prints u arnt scared of losing every grow .u are rocking it fun.

Wait till u try oyst they are fun low stress .so much easier then cubes.

• Thanks 1

Fungi2b    1,578
Fungi2b

Sure thing bro and I'll have Ajax out to you as soon as they finish. And I am happy to return prints to a donor after a grow.