• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Tump

Sub dust experiment part 1

Tump    1,416
Tump

Experment 1.

Hydrated a brick of coir. Set oven to 500 degrees f. Cook 6 hours until it is black and burn 100% dry dust. Let cool in sterile environment. Spawn coir to 1 quart dry to one qt spawn sterile. Then misted heavy with sterile water 1/2 cup each. It still very dry and not field capacity.

Control. 3 trays of pc spawn coir at perfect field capacity . both set of trays will be dunked once 100% colonized.

Measures colonized times with no co2 control. And pinning rate. Wet weight. Dry weight.

• Like 1

Dr. Trip    170
Dr. Trip

following out of pure intrique

• Like 1

Fungi2b    1,271
Fungi2b
On 10/11/2017 at 9:24 PM, Dr. Trip said:

following out of pure intrique

FB_IMG_1507360673919.jpg.697afcd9ecc6b44b6c2f17226429852d.jpg

• Like 2

Tump    1,416
Tump

Update number 1. No growth or recovery around grain spawn in the dust tray. 2 out of 3 normal tray show recovery and small growth.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• tankado78
      Greetings n salutations all! I’m not familiar with all the places in which you can create a topic, nor am I sure if I’m in the right spot now 2 do so. As some of you might know from previous post n millions of questions, I’m very new to the whole Mycology scene. Thankx 2 the help of some of the more experienced members here, I’ve successfully completed my 1st flush on 2 variety of cubes, GT n Ecuador. I’m having sooooo much fun n learning so many things, I truly am glad to have found this site. Now, many may not agree with me, but my thirst or quest for knowledge has me all over the shroom world n ready to take on my next challenge. With that being said, I’m patiently waiting for qt jars of rbs n 1/2 pint jars of brf to colonize with the Pan cyan var. Jamaica. While that is underway, my curiosity has led me to the wonders of agar! Although I have zero experience with agar, I’m very eager to test the waters n see what can be accomplished. Am I moving too fast too soon? I feel as if certain steps in Mycology I have down 2 a science, due to it seeming to be fool proof in nature, ONLY if certain measures are taken. Like, I take the whole sterile process very seriously n I feel as long as you practice sterile teks, your more than 50% to the finish line. So, I’ll be receiving all the supplies that I think I’ll be needing to successful conquer agar tek 2 moro. While I’m still reading up on the recipes n different teks, I’m totally intrigued by what some members here has accomplished with agar n can’t wait to chew their ears off about it! Lol     Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • Don_Shadow
      Congrats Ni! And a beauty pan pin it is!
    • Thereapermancan
      I placed an order with soap two weeks ago and last week they sent me a tacking number and said it was shipped I waited two days for checking and all I get is pre tracking and nothing else. Has any one else had this happen? To me if you say you shipped then 10 days is enough time to reach me.  Am I getting shammed? Source of spore's oops
    • Samwise
      Same. In her case it's more like she's falling and jerks suddenly...she quite literally falls asleep.
    • Samwise
      WOW Don!! Just beautiful, you must be one happy chappy! I doff my cap to your efforts and mad mycological skillz good sir!