• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

tankado78

Beginners Jitters?

tankado78    13
tankado78

Hello rhizomorphic fans n everyone at Shroomology! While I’m not sure if I’m in the right place to post this, it’s hard to contain my excitement. I’m new to Mycology n all that it entails n I’m truly loving the whole scene. Not 2 mention all the awesome ppl that have been here way b4 me, creating their own teks n truly making remarkable progress within this community. Hopefully I can contribute something here as well, once I’ve truly gotten a greater understanding on the ins n outs of Mycology. With that being said, I’ve set forth n tested the waters this way....

I started off with noc’n up 6 brf jars n 4 rye berry bags. I’ve successfully gotten all to fully colonize n I have 2 monotubs n 1 tub with perilite n the cakes within. I can honestly say that I feel more comfortable with the cakes, so I’m not so much worried there. The monotubs is what has me kinda nervous n on edge. I’m at the point where I’m starting to get pins on the sides, as well as along the surface. I’m very afraid to mess up from here on out, although I know this is all a learning process. Like, I’m literally scared to start fanning n misting, cause for my 1st time, I’ve reached this far n don’t wanna screw up now. I’ve made a few humidifiers outta quart jars with clay hydrotron n poly fill, cause 1 was included in a grow kit I purchased n I see humidity plays a big part in having successful flushes. I only have cubensis started at the moment, cause it seemed to be a lil less challenging than say the Panaeolus cyanscens, although I have recently noc’d up a few brf jars n rye jars with a pan jam LC that I’ve made in hope 2 not have to continuously buy spore syringes or slants. Is there anything that I can do to either lessen the fanning n misting process or eliminate it all 2 gether? I wish laziness was my issue, but fear of messing up seems 2 be the captain of this vessel n I don’t want 2 wait 2 long n truly mess things up. I would appreciate all n any feed back that y’all may have. Thank you all in advance n I hope my 1st grow will be a success, cause it will mean that I’ve listened to quite a few of you n it’ll only be because of y’all that I’m successful! Thank you again! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brad    988
Brad

Post pics and someone may be able to tell you if you need to fan or not or other advice you overlooked maybe. Sounfs like your pulling it off though.  

• Like 2

GRayt_ray    186
GRayt_ray

Pics would help a monotub set up correctly doesn’t need to be misted or fanned. My holes are too big in my mini so I mist and fan lightly when it looks dry. I recently am trying dub tubs I think I’m going heavy on the misting. I cut back though to mist twice and fan three times with an actual fan. We will see it’s not that hard. I’m still new just had my first successful grow. It’s getting second flush pins now 

• Like 2

Fungi2b    1,271
Fungi2b

The proper mist and fan Method is hard to get at first. Shit I still Fuck it up. Imo a Lil too dry is far better than too wet.  Monos r cool if you can get them going....Iv not.  Dubs and z-tubs are gonna be my choice for awhile. Typically my dubs only need a squirt or 3 a day and a few mins left open. The zs hardly ever need misting unless I'm opening them up and messing with them, or adjusting poly.  I kinda leave my sub looking as moist as yard dirt or Potting soil. This is prob too dry but with my relationship with Tammy currently that's my options.  We need a visual aid video pinned or something, showing a good misting and fan session.

• Like 2

GRayt_ray    186
GRayt_ray

My mono is gonna be the lazy tek. Idk even how to do it but I can figure it out. I’m misting way to much probably my casing is moist

Fungi2b    1,271
Fungi2b

Yup too much

If it sits damp Tammy sets in

Tump    1,416
Tump
42 minutes ago, Niidaho said:

Pan cyans need a lot of fae u might be able to do zombie tubs .but they are pretty picky .iim trying them at the moment .

Now that is worth the effort. I'm lazy but pans are worth it.

• Like 1

GRayt_ray    186
GRayt_ray

Let it dry out with barely misting and heavily fanning. I’m scared to grow pans or exotics

• Like 1

Gypsysoul876    2
Gypsysoul876

Sounds like you are doing great man, normally the ones as excited as you seem to be tend to be the ones who most fuck up (overly taking care of them) 

Hell it also seems like you are doing better than I did when I first started, I need to get back to trying and see how I do now. :)

Fungi2b    1,271
Fungi2b
2 hours ago, Gypsysoul876 said:

Sounds like you are doing great man, normally the ones as excited as you seem to be tend to be the ones who most fuck up (overly taking care of them) 

Hell it also seems like you are doing better than I did when I first started, I need to get back to trying and see how I do now. :)

Cool man can't wait to see. I got a semi neglect thing going on and I'm lucky, I really don't know what I'm doing lol.

Brad    988
Brad
6 hours ago, Fungi2b said:

I really don't know what I'm doing lol.

me either - but - sometime mushrooms grow in my room

most of the time not

• Haha 1

tankado78    13
tankado78

Thankx everyone for your quick responses! It’s good to talk to you guys/gals with the experience, whether it’s been long or not. I’ve notice the environment in the tub is more moist than not (mainly the walls, but substrate glistens) so I figure I’m gonna be doing more fanning than misting, cause in my case, I truly think I’m gonna have to. I will definitely post pics of the progress as it comes along. You all rock n I wanted to shout you out individually, but I got stoned n decided against it! Lol. Thankx once again n I will keep ya updated, whether good or bad.

Fungi2b    1,271
Fungi2b
7 hours ago, Brad said:

me either - but - sometime mushrooms grow in my room

most of the time not

Love this man, I feel ya.  I got more growing in the garbage ATM then in my room.

• Like 1

GRayt_ray    186
GRayt_ray

@Fungi2b your garbage has a pretty nice pinset though! 

• Like 1

Fungi2b    1,271
Fungi2b

I hope someone can grasp just how fukin ghay this shit it.15079279976831615489679.jpg.88a719a9cf737492030f66679823d746.jpgreceived_10209957897213226.jpeg.e2d5090d226b24a478bc406862f0cbcd.jpeg

FB_IMG_1507360673919.jpg

I dont know why "it's a trap" got added.

• Like 2

El_Piraña    1,961
El_Piraña
1 hour ago, Fungi2b said:

Love this man, I feel ya.  I got more growing in the garbage ATM then in my room.

Must be a new tek you invented :zer0: just say you did it that way on purpose lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GRayt_ray    186
GRayt_ray

I would most and fan that lol. Which bucket tek did you follow? Lmao

• Haha 2

Fungi2b    1,271
Fungi2b

That shit ain't even funny I tried a 5 gal bucket of m.r and it was a total shit show after I took it out of the run. Here is the tek

Clean bucket to start, only put old cakes in it after first flush maybe 2nd.

No Tammy shit goes in trash bucket.

Don't seal the lid.

Mist when you remember lol.

Check every few days and pick them to keep them from rotting.

How do these not fucking TAM. 

I wonder what variety those are lol bet its Burma.

• Like 1

El_Piraña    1,961
El_Piraña
7 minutes ago, Fungi2b said:

That shit ain't even funny I tried a 5 gal bucket of m.r and it was a total shit show after I took it out of the run. Here is the tek

Clean bucket to start, only put old cakes in it after first flush maybe 2nd.

No Tammy shit goes in trash bucket.

Don't seal the lid.

Mist when you remember lol.

Check every few days and pick them to keep them from rotting.

How do these not fucking TAM. 

I wonder what variety those are lol bet its Burma.

Love it

• Thanks 1

tankado78    13
tankado78
I hope someone can grasp just how fukin ghay this shit it.15079279976831615489679.jpg.88a719a9cf737492030f66679823d746.jpgreceived_10209957897213226.jpeg.e2d5090d226b24a478bc406862f0cbcd.jpeg
FB_IMG_1507360673919.jpg.a81cb79eef97f3a9b91d93a82cc9ea4a.jpg
I dont know why "it's a trap" got added.

Not 4 nothing, but even when y’all don’t try y’all produce! Definitely doing something right. Keep up the awesomeness!

tankado78    13
tankado78

Hey all! I decided to do some more homework n I’ve come across something that I thought 2 possibly be contam, but realized that the tape that I used, thought 2 be a type of micropore tape, just thicker n yellow in color. With that being said, I believe the moisture within the tub had removed the majority of the bright yellowing dye of the tape, n what went up with humidity has come back down in moisture. I also had a question.... what’s the deal with the psliocybe Mexicana var. Chicon Nindo? Is it a hard type to acquire? If acquired, what’s the difficulty lvl of cultivating? Seen a couple of pics on this forum n others n I’m liking the slim n lankiness of the strain. Also, Fungi2b, I have a avatar of my ball python on the other forum I belong 2.. I’m under the same name here. Just wanted to tell you that your snake looks bad ass by the way.. truly awesome!!!IMG_0001.JPG

Fungi2b    1,271
Fungi2b
On 10/14/2017 at 9:02 PM, tankado78 said:

Hey all! I decided to do some more homework n I’ve come across something that I thought 2 possibly be contam, but realized that the tape that I used, thought 2 be a type of micropore tape, just thicker n yellow in color. With that being said, I believe the moisture within the tub had removed the majority of the bright yellowing dye of the tape, n what went up with humidity has come back down in moisture. I also had a question.... what’s the deal with the psliocybe Mexicana var. Chicon Nindo? Is it a hard type to acquire? If acquired, what’s the difficulty lvl of cultivating? Seen a couple of pics on this forum n others n I’m liking the slim n lankiness of the strain. Also, Fungi2b, I have a avatar of my ball python on the other forum I belong 2.. I’m under the same name here. Just wanted to tell you that your snake looks bad ass by the way.. truly awesome!!!IMG_0001.JPG

Thanks man he's a sweetheart.

tankado78    13
tankado78

Hey everyone! I just wanted to post that Thankx 2 the help of you all, I finally have my 1st flush! I have weighted it out to see what it was wet, but as soon as I get them all dried out, I will definitely be posting. Although I really didn’t need the spore prints, I wanted to grab 1 or 2, just for the sake of saying that I’ve taken prints. I still have other flushes to go, so I’m not completely lost in catching prints. When I started this tub, I had GT n Ecuador fully colonized, so I threw them both in the same tub. By the looks of things, I would say that the GT is what decided to pop up 1st. My other tub looks like the Ecuador will be the 1st up. I have a question for all... How long should I dunk or leave the monotub in water to start the 2nd flush off? Is it possible that I wouldn’t need to soak the tub n still get the flush? Can’t wait til the pan-cyans var. Jamaica is fully colonized n ready to be tubb’d off. I was thinking to use small trays that’ll fit inside the 56-66 qt tubs. Don’t know the exact terminology it’s called when ya put them in smaller containers n then into bigger ones. I have the SGFC that I haven’t used yet n the monotubs, of course. I’ve also realized that since I have them in a grow tent that’s usually for pot, I can dial in the correct temp n RH if needed be n use the whole tent as the grow room/ area. Also, are these cakes looking ok? They got fuZz all over them n I thought that was what was suppose to happen, but now, I’m not sure. Looks like mold to me. Any thoughts or ideas on what’s happening here n or a fix if there is one? Once again, Thankx 2 all you guys/gals on helping me achieve my 1st grow/ flush! I honestly don’t think I could’ve done so w/o the constant help n patience of you all.... Thank you all again!IMG_0001.JPGIMG_0001.JPGIMG_0001.JPGIMG_0001.JPG
Last pic was of some of the 1st flush n the pic of the black tub is the 2nd tub that I started

Sorry, but I have another quick question to ask... what would be the best or ideal way to dry them out, other than a dehydrator n such? I’m using these lil laundry bags that have holes through out n the bag is suppose to be for delicate items for the wash. Reason why I ask, is cause when I cut down my cannabis plants n hung them upside down to dry, still within the tent, it dried out way quicker than the 7-10 days they said it would to cure. Do I 2 just pay attn to it day by day n see how it’s going, or do something else to allow or get it 2 dry?