• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Don_Shadow

Low-Maintenance Psilocybe Mexicana Fruiting Chamber Tek

Fungi2b

This is great man, good info and easy to understand. I'll be referring to it alot here real soon. I think my tamp agar are good finally and 3 of the half gallon jars I made originally from the o.g sample look real good (I think). Those should do Fine in this set up right? Do you get "stones" in the trays after fruiting with you substrate thickness?

• Like 1

Don_Shadow

Tampanesis should work fine in this chamber. I imagine it will also produce stones in the substrate while fruiting. This grow was the Jalisco strain, which is a poor stone producer. Only once did I see a single tiny stone in a Jalisco substrate.

Fungi2b

Thanks for clarifying that for me I wasn't sure of the stone producing strains what ones produce better than others. I'll save other non tek related questions for the cultivation forum.

El_Piraña

Kickass writeup! This is extremely helpful.  

• Like 1

TycoBass

That is an awesome write-up!

I also like your tip about a line of silicone around the rim of the lid. That is much less expensive than buying one of those gasket totes, or adding weather stripping to a standard tote.

• Like 2

Niidaho

U lay it down don " my write ups look are a mess lol. Even the grain jars smell like watermelon .im trying to grow it out in a bag then transfer to trays .think it will work? 

• Like 1

mushmouth

Beautiful FC, Don!!! :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

Samwise

This is a really excellent tek Don, thank you so much for taking the time and effort to lay this all out for the mycological community...I think it would great to see more mycological peeps working with the Mexicanae, and this will be a fantastic resource for any aspiring growers...great job dude, you're a true credit to the community!

Live long & perspire :)

• Like 1

Don_Shadow

Thanks folks! I hope this tek will help many people enjoy these mushrooms as much as I have. They have provided me with some of the most profoundly influential experiences of my life. 

I owe a lot to the members of this forum. Most of what went into this tek was learned here, so consider it a token of my gratitude.

10 hours ago, Niidaho said:

U lay it down don " my write ups look are a mess lol. Even the grain jars smell like watermelon .im trying to grow it out in a bag then transfer to trays .think it will work? 

Yeah! The watermelon smell makes me want to snack 'em. I think growing in bags and laying out in trays will work just fine! :)

• Like 1

Dr. Trip

wow! this is an awesome tek. I don't think I'm anywhere near growing mexicana but this tek makes me feel like I could actually pull it off.

• Like 2

magicman

Awesome write-up Don, very thourough and easy to read. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

Moonphase

THIS is the tek I've been wanting to find.   It is specific to the strain I am most interested in at the moment!   Can I save this to an archive?   I'll need it next year.   Thank you Don!   Very much appreciated.   :bongload:

• Like 1

Super S

i found a light on amazon and was wondering if itll work. is it okay to post a link here or is it against any rules?

Kshroomy

Nice Tek easy to understand and nice yield :emoticon-south-park-016:

Moonphase
On 5/25/2018 at 3:01 PM, Moonphase said:

THIS is the tek I've been wanting to find.   It is specific to the strain I am most interested in at the moment!   Can I save this to an archive?   I'll need it next year.   Thank you Don!   Very much appreciated.   :bongload:

It's time DS.   Re-reading everything.   Shopping this week after I make a list.   

Tripster727

Niccce