• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Psychonaut

Spore syringe

Psychonaut    13
Psychonaut

Hey guys. I bought my spore syringes from a non-sponsored vendor before I had read so much in this forum. But  this problem may be unrelated to that. I’ve kept these spores in my fridge and when I took them out a few days ago all of the spores had settled to one side of the syringe. I know, shake shake shake, but the spores are actually stuck on the side of the syringes. They’ve been  at a chilly room temperature since then but no amount of shaking will unstick the spores from the side of the syringe.

I had ordered some more spore syringes from SOS a few weeks ago but I’ve not received them. I’m not complaining about that I understand there may be extenuating circumstances effecting my shipment. However, that means that these 2 syringes are all I have to work with atm.

Any ideas?

• Sad 1

Tump    1,646
Tump

I know this points to a bad trend and some one needs to check on mush zombie and source of spores in person just to make sure he's not dead. I litarly order 5 syringes form him right before he got sick I got them super late which is ok cause they kick ass and literally kick ass spores is the only way to go. Now on to your problems the spores are most likely dead I don't know why people tell other people the fridge is a great spot for spores its not. Inject the shifty dead spores into simple sugar Lc just to see if alive . while you wait for great sos spores order what you can fined cheap spores and spend the time learning agar. This might sound blasphemy but sos is as clean as I've seen so when you need to grow and practise the skills like agar and g2g. Don't use sos because they already cleaned it up. So a trade spore print or those big 10 syringes for 60 bucks is what you need into you get the good stuff to tide you over. I literally just brought those cheap ass things to practise with new flow hoods and such. I look forward to your grows.

Psychonaut    13
Psychonaut

Thanks Tump. So going forward I’ll keep my syringes at room temperature. I don’t have any prints to share because I haven’t grown any yet lol. I had planned on starting agar and LC after I had a grow going but I guess I’ll at least get some agar ready.

Niidaho    2,450
Niidaho

I hope @Mush Zombie is feeling better but I'm sure @magicman and @mushmouth and the other admins are checking on him .sos product is worth the occasional wait that's for sure .

• Like 1

Psychonaut    13
Psychonaut
1 hour ago, Niidaho said:

I hope @Mush Zombie is feeling better but I'm sure @magicman and @mushmouth and the other admins are checking on him .sos product is worth the occasional wait that's for sure .

I didn’t know that MZ was sick. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

I’m sure SOS products are as good as I’ve heard and I’m more than willing to wait for them. :)

Niidaho    2,450
Niidaho
3 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

I didn’t know that MZ was sick. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

I’m sure SOS products are as good as I’ve heard and I’m more than willing to wait for them. :)

I'm not sure he was are is I was going off tump post .i would def try the syringes like magic said can't hurt. I'm sure there's spores floating around in there .too see them they have to be clumped by the hundreds so chances of being there is almost certain .

Dr. Trip    181
Dr. Trip
8 minutes ago, Niidaho said:

I'm not sure he was are is I was going off tump post .i would def try the syringes like magic said can't hurt. I'm sure there's spores floating around in there .too see them they have to be clumped by the hundreds so chances of being there is almost certain .

Yeah MZ i having some medical issues, he mentioned it in a PM to me. I don't want to go into any kind of detail because thats his business if he wants to share or not. But yeah for right now it looks like the wait times are pretty intense at SoS while MZ gets his medical stuff sorted out. He also mentioned they were so far behind it was taking almost a week just to process an order.

So be patient with SoS and lets all cross our fingers and hope MZ is doing okay.

Psychonaut    13
Psychonaut
4 hours ago, magicman said:

How old are your syringes? I think it's worth noc'ing up a grain jar or BRF cake to test them out. Not all the spores are stuck to the side, there will be spores floating around in the solution still. Whether they're still viable or not is the question.

The syringes are about 6-8 weeks old. I did inoculate some millet jars I had already prepared so I’m waiting that out too. I didn’t want to continue to use them and waste my grain jars if they’re not viable. 

Tump    1,646
Tump
1 hour ago, Psychonaut said:

The syringes are about 6-8 weeks old. I did inoculate some millet jars I had already prepared so I’m waiting that out too. I didn’t want to continue to use them and waste my grain jars if they’re not viable. 

It's never a waste to do anything like that. Grains are cheap enough that running a test jar is fine. Everything we do helps us learn. But 8 weeks isn't old. I just spawn 3 out 8 lizard king jars and g2g the rest tomorrow straight from a 5 year old syringe. I can't tell you the number of jars I lost to dead syringes or dirty syringes I made form wild prints. Can't wait for results