Jump to content
  • Welcome Guest!

    Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

cigarsam

Ordering spores from S.O.S.

Recommended Posts

cigarsam    25
cigarsam

First time ordering from the Source.

I have read many good things about their products from this site.

Sent a money order over a week ago and my status is still "On hold".

Not a single response to emails concerning this  order either.

Granted it's a rare species but still a simple email of payment received Is due no matter what the issue is.

Is this normal?  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tump    1,722
Tump

Ok I'm sorry for the delay. The owner is have some hopefully just minor health issues the last months. I had a similar problem a few months ago but its worth the wait. The guy even gave me a bonus syringe to please me without asking. The reason I'm only sad with SOS is I'm worried that I won't be able to buy them in bulk on regular basis. They are perhaps the cleanest spore syringes I've ever seen which I know this doesn't make a lot of sense with you but ill tell you that my cheap 6 dallor syringes form my old vendor was like a half load gun never knew which where good and which harbored contamation that set me back a few months. Out of direct spores I've only lost two jars and that's cause the jars broke on some ones face. I know your worried about the money and that its gone forever but it not a normal thing for this vendor. You will not be disappointed 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cigarsam    25
cigarsam

Thanks for the reply.

Hope his health issue works out.

The problem is that when I try to log on to their site with my username a big error 404 page not found.

I was able to get an old l.c.  working on agar the other day so I'm feeling better about things.

Just wanted to try out a new vendor this time around.

Peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tump    1,722
Tump

I'm telling SOS is worth the wait. Who was your old vendor 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brody    210
Brody

I agree with @Tump. Their syringes are superior.

I’m new to the hobby and ordered from a different vendor my first time around. My jar loss was 80%.

My next order was from SoS and my jar loss was 0. I know there’s a high failure rate and a lot of error in the beginning but I honestly believe that if I’d would’ve ordered from SoS the first time, my loss would have been diminished and may have never happened.

I mailed in another order on the 2nd and have heard nothing. I’m worried that the owner is still ill but I know the company will take care of it as soon as possible. 

You have to click login and log in from there - it does look different. If you click “my account (after login)” you’ll get the 404 error.

Here’s a link to my results from both vendors:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palpitation    89
Palpitation

I have another vendor I am also trying out, but I did my first grow with SOS syringes and ALL 12 jars I nocced produced. And I have to say, after taking the same amount of the stuff that I made with SOS compared to "off the street", these were SIGNIFICANTLY stronger. Lastly, I was in a similar situation as you are now, the owner wound up in the hospital and it took a while to get my order, but IMO it was fully worth the wait and as long as SOS is open and supplying I will continue to buy from them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fungi2b    1,578
Fungi2b

That's a nice example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gemini42    58
Gemini42
13 hours ago, Brody said:

I agree with @Tump. Their syringes are superior.

I’m new to the hobby and ordered from a different vendor my first time around. My jar loss was 80%.

My next order was from SoS and my jar loss was 0. I know there’s a high failure rate and a lot of error in the beginning but I honestly believe that if I’d would’ve ordered from SoS the first time, my loss would have been diminished and may have never happened.

I mailed in another order on the 2nd and have heard nothing. I’m worried that the owner is still ill but I know the company will take care of it as soon as possible. 

You have to click login and log in from there - it does look different. If you click “my account (after login)” you’ll get the 404 error.

Here’s a link to my results from both vendors:

 

This is good news.. I get mine from spore Depot but I really wanna try someone new.. thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cigarsam    25
cigarsam

Yes, this APE  l.c. I made is really looking nice, white and fluffy  in just 6 days.

My panic for the APE is  more relaxed now.

My old vendor ended up coming through with more of this variety last week as well.

So the wait is on for the Source.

Hope he gets back on his feet soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cigarsam    25
cigarsam

It's been 2 weeks now and not even an email letting me know they received my money order.

I do believe a 2 person operation is nessesary in order to keep a small business going if any kind of problem happens.

You have to always keep the customer in mind and he able to respond to emails at the least.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brody    210
Brody
1 hour ago, cigarsam said:

It's been 2 weeks now and not even an email letting me know they received my money order.

I do believe a 2 person operation is nessesary in order to keep a small business going if any kind of problem happens.

You have to always keep the customer in mind and he able to respond to emails at the least.

I mailed mine a month ago, so there’s at least one in line ahead of you. Heh

It’s not fun to have to wait for something you want and not getting an update makes it frustrating. But in the grand scheme of things, our money orders and spore prints are pretty minute.  There are so many possible reasons that our orders have been delayed.  

I don’t know for sure, but this operation may also be a part-time biz worked around a full-time job.

No one knows what’s going on. If anyone does, they aren’t saying anything for a reason.  

Case in point: this weekend, my oldest’s SO was out of town with the parents. They decided last-minute to stay longer and then again postponed their return home. This was clearly upsetting. Come to find out, the SO’s uncle offed himself over the weekend and the family was devastated, dealing with how to break the news and what to do next.

It doesn’t help to publicly post your opinions on how one should run their business. Sometimes there are more important things to worry about than the customer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fungi2b    1,578
Fungi2b

Slippery slope guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tump    1,722
Tump
9 hours ago, Fungi2b said:

Slippery slope guys.

What you mean? On his end or the customers end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mtdorashane    1,631
mtdorashane

this is the same thing that happened to sporeology, very unfortunate !!!     he know his shit more then almost anyone, i wish he understood customer service.   i know shit happens but you have to let the people paying the bills (i.e. customers) know whats going on or you won't have business for long 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tump    1,722
Tump

I'm actually still worried that he been dead the whole time no ones heard form him. There is a need for good vendors and such but its actually person that's irreplaceable. I get money is money but if it doesn't get response taken care off just write it off as a mistake tax for the year. But I know if he is alive he will fix it cause that part of who he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tump    1,722
Tump
25 minutes ago, cigarsam said:

It's all about customer service.

And I sure as hell can post whatever I want....   S.O.S. has been a recommended vendor here on this form.

 

Get yourself in check before you post a comment on how someone should run a business or make a comment on whatever is happening with the Source.  Just want answers.  So many possibilities is no excuse for slacking (unfortunate health issues) when running a business that deals with other people's hard earned money.

There should be a proper solution in place when these things happen no matter if it's a  2 person operation.

 

Things like this is what runs vendors into the ground.

Get real man.

 

You get real. You can't trust people worth shit. If he had 5 people working on this it still might not be resolved because people are lazy and untrustworthy. Spore dealing is something shady like pot seed vendors it's technically fine and legal in what your sell but process of making it sure isn't. Only shady people take shady jobs . if you have 1 or 5 or 10 people grow op you still really have one guy doing all the work in the op the rest just hanger on for lazy sake. That one guy is sick or dies then so is the op. 

If you hate it your free to complain but that doesnt solve anything for you now does it. Life isn't all cupcakes and rainbows sometimes life screws you over be glad its just money and not something more valuable. I can't what kind of person you are form your statement up top here buddy. So just a reminder you have no rights, you have no abilities and none to show for your life when your gone. No matter how much you protest it will never do any good to you. Yes things like this destroy vendors but if the owner is too sick , depressed or dead to come address this them I'm sure he doesn't care that his vendor name is dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cigarsam    25
cigarsam

Thanks, Phishphan.  Just venting and wanted some light answers.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Palpitation    89
Palpitation
7 hours ago, phishphan said:

Sam has a legitimate concern,and he’s being very rational

I agree, everyone should be allowed their own opinions without being attacked for having said opinion. I have nothing against anyone in the forums. Please also take into consideration that this is exactly how businesses can grow, word of mouth/recommendations and feedback on how to improve to make the customer happy enough to want to buy again. I do hope everything is alright with him and hope to see him back at it here very soon, but until then everyone is throwing out these wild speculations about the people involved while admitting you have no idea what is going on. Remember, speculations and opinions are two different things. But it kind of feels like this thread has run its course, it seems to be de-regulating into personal attacks on the OP for having an opposing opinion than others. @cigarsam, hang in there buddy, im sure things will end up working out in your favor. I was in your shoes and I know how hard the waiting game can be, especially if your trying to hit a deadline for something. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tomentose    1,031
tomentose
13 hours ago, Tump said:

You get real. You can't trust people worth shit. If he had 5 people working on this it still might not be resolved because people are lazy and untrustworthy. Spore dealing is something shady like pot seed vendors it's technically fine and legal in what your sell but process of making it sure isn't. Only shady people take shady jobs . if you have 1 or 5 or 10 people grow op you still really have one guy doing all the work in the op the rest just hanger on for lazy sake. That one guy is sick or dies then so is the op. 

If you hate it your free to complain but that doesnt solve anything for you now does it. Life isn't all cupcakes and rainbows sometimes life screws you over be glad its just money and not something more valuable. I can't what kind of person you are form your statement up top here buddy. So just a reminder you have no rights, you have no abilities and none to show for your life when your gone. No matter how much you protest it will never do any good to you. Yes things like this destroy vendors but if the owner is too sick , depressed or dead to come address this them I'm sure he doesn't care that his vendor name is dead.

Tump you get a gold star for spelling

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cigarsam    25
cigarsam

Hey, get off your soap box Tump and preach your story to someone else.

He is a recommended spore vendor on this site, am I right?

Better find a better spore vendor.  Get on with it...

I wonder how many other people are in this situation?

So glad  Workman is at it 24/7...

 

 

 

Shady business indeed, gonna get burned one day.  Especially  with new vendors like S.O.S. come around.

2 years in the business doesn't cut it.

The end

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tump    1,722
Tump
1 hour ago, cigarsam said:

Hey, get off your soap box Tump and preach your story to someone else.

He is a recommended spore vendor on this site, am I right?

Better find a better spore vendor.  Get on with it...

I wonder how many other people are in this situation?

So glad  Workman is at it 24/7...

 

 

 

Shady business indeed, gonna get burned one day.  Especially  with new vendors like S.O.S. come around.

2 years in the business doesn't cut it.

The end

 

But my soap box is warm and where I hide my cat. Anyway who's workman?

I'm just a gnome

51d059c156237b7f639866692178480e.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×