• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

mtdorashane

PC'ed Substrate Life Span

mtdorashane    1,631
mtdorashane

hey guys,  i pc'ed this substrate 6-7 days ago, its in 5 micron filter patch bags, the patch part of the bags have been sealed off kinda,  what do y all think ?   my concern it the PH, i can check the moisture content and i dont think any tams got in thru the filter patch..

IMG_7642.jpg.3db331ac6bfa1ebf6789915947514e7f.jpg

Tump    1,722
Tump

Go ahead and use it. Or slightly cook it again if worried about it. Some people can get away with anything like that and some of us me including have plain coir contam in impossible away. I proba by re cook it just for fun or use it now. 5 micro bags suck at keeping contams out in a dirty space

mtdorashane    1,631
mtdorashane

Thanks Tump !!  Im re PC'ing it, its 2 mono tubs worth of sub.. so thats 12 qts of rye grain, and all my time and what not...     Im feeling lazy lol I just needed some one else to tell me to pressure cook it again lol   i double check the field cap, it was perfect

• Like 1

phishphan    1,353
phishphan

I know for a fact it’s good for two weeks at least.I always pc my subs in 5mic bags and rarely spawn within that week.

But yeah that’s a lot of spawn to invest .No harm in re pc’ing in order to put your mind at ease

• Like 1

mtdorashane    1,631
mtdorashane
2 minutes ago, phishphan said:

I know for a fact it’s good for two weeks at least.I always pc my subs in 5mic bags and rarely spawn within that week.

thanks man, thats good to know !!!   i  already opened them to check field capacity, so i should probably go-ahead and re do them

• Like 1

Fungi2b    1,578
Fungi2b

K I'm lost here. Is this just for bags? Cause iv got about 40 jars of sub done up and stored away. All the poppers on the lids are down and they are sealed. These should store for the winter at least right?

El_Piraña    2,038
El_Piraña
37 minutes ago, Fungi2b said:

K I'm lost here. Is this just for bags? Cause iv got about 40 jars of sub done up and stored away. All the poppers on the lids are down and they are sealed. These should store for the winter at least right?

Yeah if the jars are sealed then it'll last a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

phishphan    1,353
phishphan
1 hour ago, Fungi2b said:

Absolutely 100%

• Thanks 1

sandalphon    494
sandalphon
8 hours ago, El_Piraña said:

Yeah if the jars are sealed then it'll last a long time.

Would this hold true for casing also? Or would you need to worry about a ph drop after being stored too long?

I've never used casing more than like 2 weeks old. Anyone here have something to teach me? Can I prep casing way out in advance?

mtdorashane    1,631
mtdorashane
44 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

I've PH tested vacuum sealed casing in jars after a couple of months of storage. It went in at 8.6 and came out at 8.6.

did you have oyster shell & lime, or just lime in the casing ?   & what kind of lime,  calcium hydrate or calcium carbonate ?

sandalphon    494
sandalphon
11 hours ago, mushmouth said:

I've PH tested vacuum sealed casing in jars after a couple of months of storage. It went in at 8.6 and came out at 8.6.

Sweet meat. Thank you.

I use 50/50...pickling lime...crushes oyster shell...what's your recipe when you tested that casing?

• Like 1

Fungi2b    1,578
Fungi2b

Nice, you guys had me worried for a sec. The old me would have had 40 empty jars and be banging my head off the wall ATM.

• Haha 1