• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mikey

Who wants to play a game?(pics)

Mikey

Guys.. what in God’s name is this brownish red stuff?? I think it might be rust from little pieces of metal from jar lids.. or metabolites? The color hasn’t spread or anything at all.. obviously I flipped the jar cause it stalled but the mycelium looks healthy otherwise... Idk check it out.. also I took pics of other jars, I don’t see anything too suspect but then again I’m a total noob I’d like to get other opinions.. good vibes and love to everybody!

45288CCB-0F52-41F5-AD2C-E9685EAFE891.jpeg

AD071617-C692-4ED5-A5BD-5AB743CDCB95.jpeg

2F10E128-3533-4522-A806-8D7EED66F24E.jpeg

A9D9C082-C3BC-48A6-A8B7-7F1110361B30.jpeg

701E97C9-439E-4E0D-9431-40CD4C2E8626.jpeg

2264DC2E-8A39-4253-B727-43F5D04C7B99.jpeg

B2BD1A5E-8BF5-4B33-AEF5-265A4D4A477A.jpeg

3AFAC1CB-FE94-43AC-821A-7FAA39553DB2.jpeg

• Like 1

Mush Zombie

looks like metabolytes 

• Like 2

Dr. Trip

Agreed with MZ.

• Like 1

Mikey
21 minutes ago, Mush Zombie said:

looks like metabolytes 

13 minutes ago, Dr. Trip said:

Agreed with MZ.

Hmmm so they’re not always yellow huh? Interesting. Thanks guys. I’m leaning heavy on you two specifically lol

• Like 1

BoxOfRain
13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Hmmm so they’re not always yellow huh? Interesting. Thanks guys. I’m leaning heavy on you two specifically lol

I've seen metabolites with darker colors like that before, it's usually when they sit and pool for quite a while. And in a small environment like that jar they probably condensed together a bit more creating the darker color. 

• Thanks 1