• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mikey

Are these ever gonna pin?!

Mikey

Ok so there are 4 cakes in my chamber.. 3 of which have been there for 7 days, the other one like 4.. take a look  please.. tell me what you think.. it’s my first grow, am I being impatient?

C8BF7108-FCCF-4F8A-BA64-D2F6DACBAF90.jpeg

678A2358-A5A7-4B52-BF22-F58456AB9949.jpeg

72FDFC12-C7FD-4102-A362-E91B67631706.jpeg

C170F568-5ED3-457C-B698-A2B28A64C74D.jpeg

6620CB20-29F1-4F40-AC7B-72D6B9BFCB80.jpeg

D3E22919-AECB-4F7F-8279-8474B609C1DB.jpeg

0A5D2676-DA25-4D88-86D5-3306E591A5B5.jpeg

42179BA1-2E45-40D0-8AA5-A79C11BBA186.jpeg

0FFC7465-9E7A-4B8F-97D7-996AC50A6445.jpeg

04128822-D048-4E51-BA4C-A7B01F6BBDE8.jpeg

0C0C7848-44C6-41C7-BD6E-0834DE11A747.jpeg

6CF9A4E1-DD0B-45AF-A046-182B243E68CD.jpeg

DirtBagDan

Your being impatient, as long as your conditions are good, just wait a bit.

• Like 1

OOZE

that's the biggest thing i learned. being patient. do things right and kick back. The fungus basically shows you when its ready for the next step.

• Like 1

DirtBagDan

Looks a bit dry in your chamber, though I could be wrong.

• Like 2

redbeard

Is the chamber you have supposed to have tape over those holes in the side?

Mikey
55 minutes ago, DirtBagDan said:

Looks a bit dry in your chamber, though I could be wrong.

You could be right too though lol.. I mist it 3 to 4 times a day.. before I leave for work at 7, when I come home for lunch at 12, again as soon as I get home at 5, then again when I go to bed.. as far as I’ve seen, the lowest it gets is like 92% between misting.. is this a big deal? Should I find a way to keep it higher?

Dr. Trip

Are you fanning these as well?

From your pics I can see a few hyphal knots starting to form. Give it more time and they should start popping up.

• Like 1

Mikey
2 hours ago, magicman said:

Those things look great to me! Your rh is above 90%, 7 days is normal, no worries. You should start seeing pins any day  :)

Did you get impatient and take a bite out of this guy? :lol: Just kidding.

Lol yea I couldn’t help myself I hadda see what they tasted like.. I keep seeing posts about letting the c02 get high inside the chamber in order to let the mushrooms grow taller in search of air.. is this valid? Should I cut back on fanning when I see pins?

mushmouth

Yes you should cut way back on fanning when pins show.

Looking great, bud :headbang:

If anything at all, I'd side with Dirtbag and say they are slightly on the dry side.

• Like 2

Mikey

The cakes? Or the chamber itself.. I dunked 24 hours.. should I drench them a few times in the next couple days and hope for the best?

21 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

Yes you should cut way back on fanning when pins show.

Looking great, bud :headbang:

If anything at all, I'd side with Dirtbag and say they are slightly on the dry side.

mushmouth
9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The cakes? Or the chamber itself.. I dunked 24 hours.. should I drench them a few times in the next couple days and hope for the best?

:thinking:

When you fan you should take the lid off the FC and fan the whole tub. Are we on the same page?

The verm on the outside of the cakes should always look moist.

mushmouth

Ah. I get it now. The cakes may be SLIGHTLY on the dry side.

Lol. You are very impatient. You're not "hoping for the best". You're sitting back and watching a good grow progress.

• Like 1

Mikey

Ha alright man.. I came home from work today, and despite the RH dropping to 85% (oops).. there are quite a few little knots.. like a lot more than yesterday.. particularly on the cake I chewed on.. so there’s been some progress 

What’s this?!! Shit! Maybe bacteria? Or a pin?! 

96BED046-F105-473B-811B-2DFB6C32ED1C.jpeg

C379A8EF-FDCE-428C-86A3-1AA3E6345193.jpeg

1B4FB06D-5392-4574-BB77-0250A25C336E.jpeg

89D2B686-5C03-4998-9446-5FD264755A2A.jpeg

98B36C1D-87A3-463E-8823-EC44535E08A5.jpeg

phish

Probably a pin

• Like 1

Mikey

Check this out.. I think it’s knotting.. but it also looks a little dry? Weird? Bumpy? The cakes are definitely all changing every day, which I suppose is a good thing. The growths on the cakes look kinda hard though. Which I’ve heard can make it tough for pins to form

791B8A62-BCD5-49A4-8EB1-2892E5C1B480.jpeg

D0ABDD40-07D1-4E71-9B19-BCD4A174AADC.jpeg

5D4AF9F2-5C5B-49B0-8EB7-05657C402088.jpeg

• Like 1

OOZE

Don't knots look like little tinsy winsy white balls. the rounded look really stands out on the mycelium. i want to see what those babies look like right before harvest. keep us updated, man! can you see the mini forest of shrooms? don't get excited. it may cause you to become impatient.

• Like 1

Mikey
29 minutes ago, OOZE said:

Don't knots look like little tinsy winsy white balls. the rounded look really stands out on the mycelium. i want to see what those babies look like right before harvest. keep us updated, man! can you see the mini forest of shrooms? don't get excited. it may cause you to become impatient.

I will be shouting from the rooftops don’t you worry ooze.. lol thanks everybody for your input.. hopefully I’ll be back with some interesting photos! Enjoy your weekend

mushmouth

:headbang:

Mikey

Lol I like that head banger thing how the fuck are you doing that?

Also, I found another pin but I think it’s gonna abort.. roughly half of the cap is black.. should I pick it right away if I see black? Or watch it for a couple days and see what it does.. can they recover?

Fungi2b

Just wait and see. Post a pic of the "black".

Mikey

Here ya go

EA14021A-0DAB-4B76-A9DA-706562E7AB49.jpeg

66C9F62E-E15F-4604-BC52-8D8352CED754.jpeg

mushmouth

Maybe an abort. Just let it ride. If that's the only pin on that cake don't change your mist and fan schedule yet.

• Like 1

Mikey

There are like 6 pins total between 2 cakes.. the other two cakes don’t have anything yet, and I’m beginning to suspect that one of them has a bacteria problem