• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Absent Thoughts

Pan. Cyan & Humidity

Absent Thoughts

I was going to make a 4 tier green house to grow Pan. Big island hawaii cyan. I read that misting this strain is futile to your grow and will abort fruits. Would I be successful with a Fogger to supply humidity. Or would that make the fruits abort aswell. Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated. 

Mush Zombie

you can mist most species of mushroom from primordia through fruiting. The strain is irrelevant, so don't worry about that either. People often think correlation equals causation, but this is not true, so you will read people saying misting causes aborts, but it does not, because I've been misting mushrooms (many species including pan cyan) through the entire fruiting process for many years, and never have aborts. There is some other reason that individual had aborts, it has nothing to do with normal misting. Just make sure the caps/mushrooms dont stay wet for long. Fan them until they are dry.

The only mushrooms that I know of that don't particularly like being misted is polypore mushrooms, such as Reishi.

• Thanks 1

magicman

Use a Cool Mist humidifier to humidify your gh, and a small fan to circulate the fog up to the top for even distribution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absent Thoughts

Thank you both for the input, very valuable to me!  This tub is stalled with primordia at 80-85 fanning 4-5 times a day. Idk the humidity but I'd take any help in getting it to fruit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mush Zombie

Just keep going, wait longer. that kind of looks like reishi to me, lets see if it starts turning yellow.

also, don't user verm as a casing next go around. it really isnt very good. it just forms a flat mat and the mycelium cant breath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absent Thoughts

It's pan. Cyan supposedly. It was my first crack at a pan grow. I got lots of pan cyan spawn for more tries later! I haven't been misting these projects for fear of abort so the introduction of misting  again might swing things in a good direction /shrug 

Mush Zombie

There's a couple of popular vendors that send out reishi, and other mushroom species that dont typically fruit on compost or manure based composts when they dont have thier exotics in stock (that way you think its your fault). that scam has been going on for a long time. message me who you got it from