Is smell a problem in your area, y9u going to be running any air scrubbers.

But things look promising! 

• Like 1
magicman

There is a large HEPA air scrubber you can see in the closet, then we still have to install a small Can filter that will suck out all the air in the room once in a while and pump it into the attic. There will be an ozone machine running in the attic 24/7 to neutralize any smell that is left. It shouldn't smell until you walk into the flower room.

There is only 1 neighbor close to us, and he is cool and knows what we're doing. We are also going to build a fence around the front area so no one can access the front door, or go within 10' of the house.

• Like 1
Awakened

Did you use screws or a pneumatic spiker to hold together the wooden frames?
From the depth of the heads in the photo there is no way you hit them in with the hammer that is shown above.
That is unless you used a nail punch to get the head in farther.

This is educational. The sheet metal was a good use of material. It's 10x easier than emptying out overfilled trays that could lead to mold.
The use of the gutters was another thing I applaud.

There goes Magicman, living up to his name and thinking outside the box.

Skywalker OG is an excellent strain, it gets me baked. We've that and Girl Scout Cookie all the way up here in Canada.

May I ask, if you were to grow mushrooms in the same house as marijuana. Do you end up with spores germinating in the plant pots that compete with the cannabis plants for nutrients?

I ask because before a Sempervivum plant in my house started to grow mushrooms in it's soil.
Because Sempervivum is native to North Africa, I imagined that mushrooms may form a symbiotic relationship with the roots of the Sempervivum(Hens & Chickens).
In the off chance they did create symbiotic relationships, I thought that the ancient Egyptians might have harvested mushrooms in the patches of hens and chickens.
I could've been wrong at the time and perhaps they just germinated there because conditions were right.

magicman
6 hours ago, Awakened said:

Did you use screws or a pneumatic spiker to hold together the wooden frames?

Everything was constructed using deck screws.

6 hours ago, Awakened said:

May I ask, if you were to grow mushrooms in the same house as marijuana. Do you end up with spores germinating in the plant pots that compete with the cannabis plants for nutrients

I have grown mushrooms and weed together for years, I have never seen them pop out of my soil. I use mycorizzae (or something) that colonizes the substrate and is beneficial for the roots and the uptake of nutrients. Mycellium breaks down the soil and nutes, making them available for the plants to absorb.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
Queen Isabella

Whasup magic, I see you haven't fully converted to Led yet. I be watching to see what you do this year.

• 3 weeks later...
magicman
On 7/8/2018 at 6:12 PM, Queen Isabella said:

Whasup magic, I see you haven't fully converted to Led yet. I be watching to see what you do this year.

I do plan on switching to LEDs, but they are expensive and I'm broke. My idiot friend fucked up the plants and it took 2 months to get them back to health. He cost me a whole indoor harvest and my outdoor plans suffered too.

I want to get Spectrum King Fluence Spyder LED's when I have the money.

magicman

Some indoor moms and some clones. I lost half my clones when I went out of town and didn't tell my friend to give them water :facepalm:. There are still plenty for the next round at least. Flower room is about 4 weeks in, I will post pics of that in a day or 2.

The bigger moms in the 1st pic are GDP, Cherry-gasm, and Afghani. The moms to the left are Orangina, Larry OG, Thin Mint Cookies, GG4, and a couple others I can't remember right now.

IMG_1040.thumb.JPG.6d38972e5bf63d9acdf50791c6953729.JPG

IMG_1041.thumb.JPG.77c314f2b585ee77809d0d1dcb5d3452.JPG

IMG_1042.thumb.JPG.cc6bfe853c60fff311788732a9062752.JPG

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Mushinist

Congrats on the new job!

So does the 11/13 light cycle speed things up a bit?

It looks good, and I know what you mean as far as pic quality goes, I have just quit trying to take pics of bud close up because it does it no justice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
magicman
On 12/10/2018 at 12:53 PM, Mushinist said:

Congrats on the new job!

So does the 11/13 light cycle speed things up a bit?

It looks good, and I know what you mean as far as pic quality goes, I have just quit trying to take pics of bud close up because it does it no justice.

I think running 11/13 during flower saves an hour of electricity running the lights, but it also allows the plants to show more of their phenotype properties so it doesn’t all look the same. I’m sure there are other reasons but that is what I have read and heard from other growers more experienced than myself. 

I see tons of pics every day on Instagram of Fire nugs and they all look good. I don’t know if it’s user error or my phone camera 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
Mushinist
18 minutes ago, magicman said:

I see tons of pics every day on Instagram of Fire nugs and they all look good. I don’t know if it’s user error or my phone camera 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah my phone is old AF, but until it craps out on me I'm not buying another one. I know you can buy little macro lenses for them, since mine doesn't have a macro setting, but oh well. 

Thanks for the info though, may just give that a try next time!