• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

SkillyBop

Black/purple on caps. First grow. Okay to print?

SkillyBop

Hey guys so it’s my first grow and I’m getting ready to try and print some guys but the tops of my caps are a blackish purple color on some and I want to make sure these guys are safe. They also started to droop a bit the last day or two. 

5EA4593A-7BE6-4D9D-9C07-8E09B7C98374.jpeg

8E69D0DF-9D6D-4730-A267-D24C0B84E259.jpeg

phish

Yeah get them cut and make prints asap.

• Like 1

SkillyBop
19 minutes ago, phish said:

Yeah get them cut and make prints asap.

1 hour ago, Awakened said:

Yeah, you're fine.
That is what we like to call sporulation in these parts.
Basically your mushroom fruit bodies are at the end of their life cycle and produce the spores to propagate the next generation.
The spores have fallen from the underside of the cap and landed upon the tops of others, leaving a distinct darker mark.
Keep in mind if you can see the spores with them being microscopic, being able to see them means you're looking at millions of spores all in that photo.

WOO PRINTING TIME!! On another note I’m birthing these cakes tonight (pictured below. I think this looks like pins but want to make sure it’s not tam. If it is pins should I still do a full 24hr dunk? 

AEE5851F-8BF3-4506-97F8-8F44ED2CE85C.jpeg

B5251004-27ED-4B29-B8E0-D7DC99C62CE8.jpeg

Dr. Trip

yeah still do the 24 hr dunk and roll in verm.
They look great so far man

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awakened

In my experience with in-vitro fruiting, those should have a reddish/dark spot in them if they were pins.
Give it a bit more time, if they're mushrooms they'll have a tell tale cap that you can see start to produce.

That actually may be bacterial, if in 48 more hours you don't start to see a cap. Then you know it's bacterial.

SkillyBop
32 minutes ago, Awakened said:

In my experience with in-vitro fruiting, those should have a reddish/dark spot in them if they were pins.
Give it a bit more time, if they're mushrooms they'll have a tell tale cap that you can see start to produce.

That actually may be bacterial, if in 48 more hours you don't start to see a cap. Then you know it's bacterial.

Sweet I appreciate the help. This strain is b+ not sure if that makes a difference. I’ll have to do research on in-vitro. Familiar with the term but not the pros/cons/whys. but I was hoping to birth these babies before they started to fruit 🍉 praying it’s not bacterial! Fingers crossed 

• Like 1

mushmouth

Those cakes look great. I don't see any signs of bacterial contamination. Those are either pins or blobs in there, but it's definitely fruit body.

• Like 2

phish

I agree with Mushmouth . That cake is stellar. Pinning like that is no problem at all. Some even say to wait until you see pins against the glass, before you birth them.

That baby is ready to come out of there! 

I would always dunk for a 24 hour period. Just pick that pin off. It’ll only abort anyway. Don’t worry,You’ll get plenty more 👍

• Thanks 1

SkillyBop
1 hour ago, mushmouth said:

Those cakes look great. I don't see any signs of bacterial contamination. Those are either pins or blobs in there, but it's definitely fruit body.

1 hour ago, phish said:

I agree with Mushmouth . That cake is stellar. Pinning like that is no problem at all. Some even say to wait until you see pins against the glass, before you birth them.

That baby is ready to come out of there! 

I would always dunk for a 24 hour period. Just pick that pin off. It’ll only abort anyway. Don’t worry,You’ll get plenty more 👍

So I just layed down some caps to print. About to birth my new jars. The cake I just picked from for my prints. There seem to be some small pins on it. Should I pick these pins and then dunk? Leave them and then dunk? Or leave the cake for now to see what it does? 

If I should go ahead and dunk this cake is it okay to dunk this cake with my cakes that will be birthed tonight?

phish

Yes pick any pins/aborts from your cakes before dunking. If those tiny pins haven’t grown in the last day, your cake has likely finished flushing and it’s time to dunk and rehydrate your cakes.

You CAN dunk your different cakes together. But you may want to keep them separate , just in case the first one has any nasties, you wouldn’t want it to spread to your new cakes.

I just separate and dunk mine in Ziplock bags, cuz I usually have different strains going ,and don’t want to mix them up and lose track of what’s what

Good job on your first fruits man 😎🤙

moxieshroom

:smiley-shocked010:  Oh yea!!! On your way bro!

• Like 1

SkillyBop
On 3/12/2018 at 4:44 AM, phish said:

Yes pick any pins/aborts from your cakes before dunking. If those tiny pins haven’t grown in the last day, your cake has likely finished flushing and it’s time to dunk and rehydrate your cakes.

You CAN dunk your different cakes together. But you may want to keep them separate , just in case the first one has any nasties, you wouldn’t want it to spread to your new cakes.

I just separate and dunk mine in Ziplock bags, cuz I usually have different strains going ,and don’t want to mix them up and lose track of what’s what

Good job on your first fruits man 😎🤙

As far as dunking in ziplocs, just put the cake in the bag fill with water and put in fridge? I’ve been dunking in a large pot using a plate or bowl to weigh the down but not touch the bottom.