• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Ian

Good Day folks, I was at a friends house and his buddy gave him an entire hydro setup and I scored two 750 cfm inline fans. These will work just as easily as squirrel cage blowers right?

phish
6 hours ago, Ian said:

Good Day folks, I was at a friends house and his buddy gave him an entire hydro setup and I scored two 750 cfm inline fans. These will work just as easily as squirrel cage blowers right?

Absolutely. I use an in-line fan on my flow box 

Ian

Sweet

magicman

Nice score!

• Like 1

Ian

I like that, it's pretty mush what I had in mind.

How many CFM?

OpenBar

Love me some diy flow hoods

• Like 1

Ian

Thank you very much for that. I was a bit worried but figured I would make it work. I know that some inline fans don't push quite as hard as they say and static pressure is an issue but at 750 I should be able to figure something out. I have the carbon filter for both but don't know if I should use it as a pre filter or if I should just remove it and do what you did with yours and completely encase the whole thing. I think I was just excited to see the carbon filter and it says it filters most harmful debris and chemicals but I'm not reducing the smell of pot.

Mushinist

Yeah I think the carbon filter would reduce it too much. Even the filter I have on the back of mine is overkill, just need a filter to trap larger pieces of dust to prolong the HEPA a bit. 

It's nice not getting any tams, lol

Good luck on a build, you'll be glad you made one!

• Like 1

Ian

Thank yous guys for the help. I can't wait to get away from the SAB, I love em' for being affordable but after having broken my back twice, it's too much to work in a box for more than 15 minutes.

magicman

A FH is soo awesome in this hobby :) I look forward to seeing your build.

• Like 1

Ian

Due to the weather we are finally experiencing here, I have found some issues around the house that need attention but I will have photos soon enough of my new flow hood.