• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

DrRJWood

First Time Grower, General PE Fruiting Question

DrRJWood

Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for all the great info. Made my first ever grow super easy and looking forward to many more.

I have a couple questions and I'm hoping someone can answer. Really any insight or info will help! Questions correspond with the pics accordingly.

1) I included a pic of my first flush of PE mushrooms. Is it normal for them to all grow on top of each other like that? Any glaring problems or things that look like I could have done better (ie more FAE, less humidity, more light, etc..)

2) See how some of the shrooms have dark blue stamen.. Are those okay to eat? I think I know what happened, but could be wrong. I left them out in direct sunlight for a couple hours, also in a room that got down to 60F. Came home and they were all shriveled up.. some of my biggest so far too.

3) Some of the shrooms had these busted caps. I read this was can be caused by lack of light (hence why I put in direct light.. I know, stupid impatient mistake). Are they okay to eat? Is that in fact the case?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated! Just want to learn as much as possible before my next grow.

IMG_4838.JPG

IMG_4839.JPG

IMG_4842.JPG

• Like 2

DrRJWood

Thanks for the info my dudes! Appreciate the timely reply.

Already hooked on growing.

• Like 2

Mush Zombie

Looks like your RH was about 55 -65% - way too low. tighten up that polyfil and install a gasket on the lid of some sort. You dont really want RH to sink below 70-75% with a casing, and no higher than 85%. If you see your casing is dry its okay to give it a light misting. 

• Like 2

magicman

Hello and welcome! Great 1st grow.

• Like 1

DrRJWood

Mushinist, Mush Zombie, and community.. regarding RH, I need help troubleshooting an issue. I think you guys hit on something.

Initially, I accredited any "problem" to not enough sunlight or FAE. Didn't think RH was a problem because my hygrometer always read between 80-99.. mainly in the 90s. I mounted the hygrometer on the side of my tub and now I'm wondering if A) The hygrometer doesn't work properly (it was a $10 amazon purchase) or B) Mounting it to the side of the tub is not an accurate portrayal of the humidity in entire tub because most of the moisture sticks to the wall, where it is mounted, so it's a false reading.

Any thoughts on this? What is the best way to really accurately read RH? Is it just something you learn to read visually with time? I already added more polyfill and am buying a gasket (thanks for that tip! That was a duh moment for me.. something not specifically mentioned in the many forums I read).

Last question for now.. trying to geek out and ask a million more things at once.

Should I pick the sun-toasted mushies? Or do they still need to mature a little even though charred?

Many thanks in advance!! Here's how things look a day later:

image1.jpeg

phish

You killed it man... in a good way 😉🤙

Great job on your first grow. That’s a mighty fine lookin tub by anyone’s standards .

I don’t use hygrometers anymore either, but I learned not to keep them in a tub for more than 10-15 minutes at a time, to get a rh read.

• Like 2

DrRJWood

Ahhhh... that makes total sense everyone. Thanks do much for all of the RH support!! Damn, you all get back faster than amazon. Should have asked all these questions before starting.

• Like 1

MyShrooms

Not really experienced in this but that looks great!

• Like 1