• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

phish

WBS Flour Cakes and other stuff

mushmouth

Looks great, Bud! What's on the lid? Tyvek suit material?

Mush Zombie

Wbs flour is way better than pf Tek. You can even mix some cmc in with it. 

• Like 1

phish
5 minutes ago, Mush Zombie said:

Wbs flour is way better than pf Tek. You can even mix some cmc in with it. 

I agree. And you can grind up the sunflower seeds too, instead of sifting them out and wasting half the bag of wbs lol

• Like 1

MycoDan

Nicely done 

• Like 1

MycoDan

I’m sure they’ll run fine some nice colonized jars there 

• Like 1

mushmouth

Beautiful cakes, Bud!!! :thumbs_up:

mushmouth

:OMG:

magicman
10 hours ago, phish said:

Threw em in the dehydrator and I’ll likely save a handful for a study and dump the rest

Save the stumps with substrate on them for tea :) I strain through a coffee filter. After the sub is run, it's pretty much just dirt, and the casing is mostly what sticks to the bottom of the fruits, I have no problem having that in my tea lol! :)

If you are gonna toss the cakes, why not cut them off at the base with a sharp knife or razor blade? No mess, quick and easy. Just a thought phish :)

• Like 1

phish

I put the Texas cakes back in the fc after all  . I gave them a 24 hour soak in tap water. The 4 cakes weighed 206g before the soak and 396g after the soak.Doubling their weight

I was gonna chuck em but I wanna see if they’ll flush again . I believe my fluoridated and chlorinated tap water is a death sentence. I’ve seen it before,but let’s see.

The fruits dried up to toothpicks and cleaned up easy enough lol

But I put them aside for a rainy day 😉

18 hours ago, magicman said:

If you are gonna toss the cakes, why not cut them off at the base with a sharp knife or razor blade? No mess, quick and easy. Just a thought phish

I didn’t think of that Mag. At the time,there were just too many fruits. And as small as they were, I just didn’t care to treat them with any finesse 😂

The goal was to get good prints, and I didn’t get one good one from those fruits. 2 of 3 never dropped any spores.

• Like 1

phish

If you look at the photo you’ll see most of the fruits have planed out, but no visible sign of sporulation anywhere . Strange🤔

• Like 1

mushmouth

Yea! They realy sucked up a lot of water.

What kind of FC are they sitting in?

mushmouth

Killer cakes, Bro!!!

You made me a believer in WBS flour :thumbs_up:

phish
1 hour ago, mushmouth said:

Killer cakes, Bro!!!

You made me a believer in WBS flour :thumbs_up:

Haha thanks Buddy😉

Each cake pretty much yielded 5g +\- dry per flush so far.

I can still endorse cakes for the grower who’s looking for just a handful of fruits now and then on the cheap. Especially if ya can get by with a Steam sterilization.But Idk what that success rate is, I’ve always had the pc

The Texas and CRS have done great on bulk subs in the past. Bulk grown fruits are better suited for printing purposes, that’s for sure. 

My “ Return to Cakedays” curiosity has been quenched 🙄😂

• Haha 1

mushmouth

I wouldn't rely on steam to sterilize cakes. But you're exactly right. Cakes came in handy for me when I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy huge bags of stuff to grow mush.

• Like 1

phish

I’m not recommending Steam Sterilization by any means. I used a pressure cooker from the very start. But for someone without any funds to buy a pc,or zero interest in spending money on the hobby,BRF cakes can be  done with a long steam sterilization with some level of success ( from what I’ve always understood). But yeah, I’m sure it’s a total crapshoot at best

• Like 1