• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

phish

Mush Tea Techniques and Recipes

phish

Calling all Tea Brewers.....

How do you make your Tea ?

If you have a certain recipe or special technique for making mush tea, let’s hear it 😉

Post em here or start your own thread.

Thanks👍

• Like 2

Maddhatter420

Oh I drink the pieces too. Go Big or Go Home, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sneakymortar

I've used this one from MZ and enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Maddhatter420

I actually just got a request for info on how to make weed tea... Does anyone do this or know how?

Moonphase

THC is not water soluble.   You would have to start out by decarboxylating your weed.   Then soak it in Everclear one ounce to a pint for 5 days in the frig shaking the jar several times a day.   Then strain out all the particulate matter before reducing the liquid by 80% minimum on a low heat to obtain a THC/CBD tincture.   Then you could make a tea out of the tincture.   But, just a steeping tea?   Won't work.   THC is not water soluble.   Good luck.  

• Like 1

OpenBar

so true. hit me bro

magicman
9 hours ago, Maddhatter420 said:

I actually just got a request for info on how to make weed tea... Does anyone do this or know how?

Best way is to make a glycerin tincture. Use instead of sugar in your tea. Here is how to decarb and make a THC glycerin tincture:

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/glycerin-extraction/

Alcohol tinctures are super disgusting, adding it to tea would be the worst tea you have ever tasted.

Mush tea is way easier to make.

On 4/25/2018 at 4:09 PM, Maddhatter420 said:

Oh I drink the pieces too.

Gross! I thought the whole point of making tea is so you don't have to eat the fruits lol

• Like 2

Maddhatter420
On 4/28/2018 at 12:39 PM, Moonphase said:

THC is not water soluble.   You would have to start out by decarboxylating your weed.   Then soak it in Everclear one ounce to a pint for 5 days in the frig shaking the jar several times a day.   Then strain out all the particulate matter before reducing the liquid by 80% minimum on a low heat to obtain a THC/CBD tincture.   Then you could make a tea out of the tincture.   But, just a steeping tea?   Won't work.   THC is not water soluble.   Good luck.  

Oh I understand what you are talking about, however a friend said he use to just boil in a coffee percolator for sometime. That would possibly decarb it as well..

I don't think it's possible but I just wanted to check... It's only soluble in alcohol or fat.

you really go for 5 days?? I know that makes it kinda green which is where you grab the turpines(sp) and the chlorophyll. Read about doing a wash, with a coffee filter but that isn't what my friend was speaking about...

Moonphase

Boiling does not decarboxylate that I know of and since THC is not water soluble your friend was getting off on the idea of getting off.    Yes the only tek I ever read said 5 days in the fridge shaken several times a day to keep particulate matter mixed.   Worked for me last Jazz Fest in N.O. when I made my own concentrate.   Lasted all day long.   Good luck.

aqudoc

Zi Su Ye (Perilla leaf) is anti-nausea herb used in Chinese medicine.  If my current project is a success, I'll add to my tea.  Should be able to find at Asian grocery.

Matthew Gleeson

Hi! I'm a newcomer there and newcomer in using shrooms generally. I have experience in making various edibles from weed, cannabutter, hash oil etc. I want to make a mush tea for the first time. Will this recipe of cannatea be appropriable? ( of course,with several changes, based on difference between the substances) 

Thank everyone for reply in advance