• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mushguy

Light and water question

Mushguy

Thanks in advance mush zombie, lol.

So I've got a few 6qt tubs of coffee/coir and PE. Incubated for 12 days and then put into fruiting chamber.  Two questions tho,   there is a glass block window close by, is this enough light? Or should/can I use this uv light? Or use xmas lights?    Final question is that I noticed standing water in my tubs. Not a lot but there are pools. Will this hurt anything?   

As always thanks guys. I never would have made it this far without you. 

20180612_131628.jpg

20180612_131619.jpg

20180613_074048.jpg

20180613_073858.jpg

20180613_073946.jpg

NickTO

Your using the same Martha as me and same 6quart tech .

the water is usual for me also when I pull off the tin foil there’s always a few pools .

i never worried about them and figure the casing will soak it up .

havnt had any tam out yet .

light I’m prety sure any indirect sunlight will do . I have 4 100w led 6500k grow bulbs I use but it lights more then just one Martha .

Need to change my filter discs after this run , get bad after about 6 months 

image.jpg.742b6dd3ce05a707ea6d3d134b21a3ad.jpg

• Like 1

Moonphase

Plenty of light coming through that glass brick window.   I read somewhere on here from one of the masters who uses a paper towel to soak up the pooling on top of the substrate during the spawn run at about 7 days and every so often after that so it will fully colonize on top for a more even pin set after casing.  The UV light looks cool though.   Nice set up.      

• Like 1

phish

That window should be ok to provide adaquate lighting. You can also keep your light on if you want. It basically will give your fruits a direction to grow in. 

For those puddles on the subs, I will roll up a clean paper towel and wick them up. The substrate surface won’t colonize under those puddles. The casing will absorb them ,but then you’ve got a saturated area of casing at that spot , with hyphal knotting being delayed at those points.

I strive to do what I can to maximize the potential for full canopy flushes

Works for me😎

• Like 2

Mushguy

Great information. I'll post photos soon. Thank you guys!  Seriously, u rock!!! 

Mush Zombie

it really does not matter what kind of light you use. there does not need to be much light.

as for the standing water, that also really does not matter since you are not using a casing. if you were to use a casing, that should not be allowed to happen.

Mr. Muffins
3 hours ago, Mush Zombie said:

it really does not matter what kind of light you use. there does not need to be much light.

as for the standing water, that also really does not matter since you are not using a casing. if you were to use a casing, that should not be allowed to happen.

So after a spawn run, if you were to use casing should you blot up the excess water/myc piss?

Mush Zombie

Yes. And make sure it never happens again.

• Haha 1

Gemini42

I agree. The window would be close to the natural light cycle they would enjoy in nature. I use the natural day/light cycle of nature and it works great. The pooling is normal for me in the first 1-3 days... I fan more aggressively during those times but watch to make sure evaporation is even. If the pooling stays longer then say 5 days I would probably adjust the poly fill or fan more... All in all looks super cozy and dialed in for the fungal friends. :) awesome work.