• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

jeffery.1943

What can cause early maturity?

jeffery.1943

Hello everyone I am wondering if anyone here knows what would have caused some of my mushrooms veils to be breaking only 4 days after pinning? Also i am wondering if i should pick the few mushrooms that veils have broke and leave the rest for now, or should i pull all, dunk and go on to my second flush? Most of the mushrooms are  ~1-2in tall. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Out of my three tubs that are fruiting the 2 that are b+ are the ones with veils broken, the other tub is GT where no caps are opening.

IMG_2317.JPG.b974721e0df1e75d5af63cb19bc47824.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG.542c7f0fa995b2e0b9f230e491e2f797.JPG

IMG_2324.JPG.ff8109266c8a1075ba1cb382aa4c9b74.JPG

M-o-M

you need to leave those lids on and let the humidity build.  you cant call that a first flush its just now getting started. that whole tub should blow up with boomers! you do have a lot of substrate in those tubs. do you have a bigger tub that you can put pearlite in so you can set that tub down in? that's called a tit.  tub in tub.  if not try leaving that lid you have closed for a couple of days. if your chamber is not getting moisture on the sides of your tubs you may not be getting enough humidity to them....................... try not to give them to much love.  good luck!

• Thanks 1

Mush Zombie

Too much FAE is what caused this.

Moisture on the sides of the tubs is not relevant to environmental conditions, except that you know the air in the tub is warmer than the plastic of the tub, just without any accuracy of the difference - dew point.

• Thanks 1

jeffery.1943

Thanks everyone, i went from too little FAE to too much lol or maybe my pins were just slow.  Thanks for the advice on how to correct the problem, I've seen the tub in tub. However, I have 10 shoe boxes though so i would  need like 2-3 giant tubs and a hydrometer for each to fit all my 6qts plus more lights. I totally fucked myself with the RH i wasnt gonna buy 10 analog hydrometers to put one each in a shoebox. This winter i will do a montotub or two so i can but a hydrometer inside it to monitor the RH better. 

As far as not calling it a first flush. Is it really up to me? The mushrooms have reached maturity and will start spilling spores now that their veils are opened and caps this morning were even inverted on some. Is this not the right train of thought?

I may have messed up but i harvested both tubs which had over 50% of the veils open. i got 231g of dirty wet shrooms. 20g dry is enough for four "heroic" doses, plenty for myself for a year, so even if my 8 other tubs somehow fail im in the clear!

I've never messed with fresh mushies before it was interesting to see how quickly and deep they bruised if i picked the base too hard when harvesting.  

M-o-M

I don't guess im very much help here! Mush Zombie has all the right answers. im all washed up................

• Haha 1
  • Butthurt 1