• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

atravelingshowman

can you propagate a dried mushroom?

atravelingshowman

i want to start the process towards growing mushrooms, but the only ones i can get are dried, i live in an area they dont grow wildly. is it possible to start propagation with dried ones?

Moonphase

I am hoping so.   

DirtBagDan

Not sure where you live, but source of spores can deliver spore syringes.

Mush Zombie

are these commercial mushrooms? If so, most commercial operations use almost senescent strains they have isolated so as to prevent people from stealing their genetics. 

In short - yes you can, but probably wont be worth the effort, if these are commercially produced. 

Twotails

@Mush Zombie so, would one take gill tissue, and go the Agar/isolation route? I would love to clone my first Cyan bed, that was the most fun I've had yet, such a wonderful mushroom, a nice trip, 5 to 7 grams was wonderful, 10 grams(dry) gave the wife Ego death (also changed her, she now is fighting to get out of her wheelchair, and keeps saying how she wants to go hiking)