Found this growing where my bird feeder was

Twotails

20180820_193601.jpg.c1bee5357e66257f46e7d320f0914c22.jpgit's a wild Datura, should I transplant her? Before my neighbor decides to mow her down. I know how toxic these are, but i have to say they are my favourite flower. Arm length gloves will be used, i got the Contact fuzzys from trimming one of these and did it no gloves, lol unintentional "trip" I would love to keep her alive, collect seeds and grow more next year.

• Like 2
Twotails

@Rezz, @MycoTowjam420, what's wrong fellas? Obviously it's a toxic plant(I dont plan on trying it soon) but what I'm so excited about is it dont grow up here in Massachusetts normally, were just too cold. Going to transplant to pots, cultivate to seed if possable, and attempt to grow more starting in spring I for one love the flowers. Not sure if I want to try a plant that is known for death, psychosis and other negative effects, but anyway, it looks like a strong, healthy specimen.

Moonphase

A friend of mine in college and I did datura seeds after reading up on it.   Basically just made my vision so blurry I couldn't read anything for 24 hours and that's it.   

There are tons of them where I work. I looked them up and it’s nuts. Thinking about using it as an excuse to leave one of these days. 😂😂

Twotails

I have no idea HOW, unless birds did it. Were like planting zone 4/5 lol finally transplanting tonight or tomorrow.

From what I gather, it's basicly like a way stronger Salvia/nutmeg trip, way more dangerous, and can cause mental breakdown/psychosis? Sounds like such a wonderful plant.

On other news, saw neighbors have a small patch of Opium poppys, and hers are "ready" we talked, apparently she makes her own morphine-like application as I noticed collection wounds. (Shes a older woman) her words were somthing like "I don't trust pharmaceutical companies, unless its somthing I cant make myself" lol would be great if that sentiment cought on.

Twotails

Well yeah, I was talking about in reference to the dissociative aspects to the plant, from what I read its like 100× nutmeg(Myristicin) and super toxic like most plants in the nightshade family. It's a plant that demands respect, I've heard of people getting poisoned before from handling bare handed, esp if you have open cuts. I personally would be interested in trying it, but after much reading the cons far outweigh the pros, and will be kept as a ornamental plant in next years Poison garden I plan on planting. I had the two worse trips ever on both nutmeg and salvia, and if the plant is even a FRACTION of what those are like, I will pass.

I am however reading about the blossoms being used in medication, apparently there is a old "asthma and cough" smoking blend that uses a small amount of datura, I would be quite interested in researching the flowers uses, in a safe manor, otherwise, some really cool looking flowers on this one.

• Like 1
Mushinist

I've seen where people have been using dried datura as an add mixture to changa :smiley-shocked010:

I have seeds of these and wouldn't mind starting a few in the back along with some belladonna. Just for admirations of course!

• Like 1
Twotails

Interesting, in my opinion, and my personal belief, I wont try any drug that can take my life, by addiction, or too large a dose, and datura is one of those that's just bairly over the "do not use" line, but at the same time I dont want to be disrespectful to the plant or what its true purpose was. I respect nature. These plants require a whole lot of respect.

But by my book, these just scream poison.

• Like 1
Mushinist

Where I grew up they were everywhere. I agree though, approach with upmost respect.

• Like 1
Queen Isabella

The way it's used around here is. Slow dry the leaf material, break it up and roll a hogleg. It is a really smooth smoke. It is a super mild effect, it is used this way to help inhance your psychoptic vision, ....if your into that sorta thing.