• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

oomiedoobie

Anyone know why so many pins stopped growing? I picked a lot of mature ones but these seemed to have stopped. I have the humidifier keep it around 90-95 and a air purifier running all day. Light cycle is 12 on 12 off. 

1995prod

Just wait a bit, some grow faster, some grow slower 🙌🏼

oomiedoobie

Also is this normal? The pins have this white instance on them.

image.jpg

You can see here a lot of pins but they’ve stayed that size for about a week

image.jpg

1995prod

This white stuff around the shrooms is called fuzzy feet.. its not a bad thing. It usally just shows high RH.

Whats your temp. atm.? 

mushmouth

Aborts for sure. They look super wet. Is this a mist n fan tek? Did you fan them dry after misting?

oomiedoobie

Humidifier on all day so I’m gonna put it on a timer

magicman

If your pins get wet and stay wet they will abort. If they are getting wet from the humidifier being on too much invest in a hygrometer. Inkbirds are cheap.

Otherwise just put holes stuffed with polyfill at the top of the tub and at the substrate level to make it more automated. Then you just gotta mist the casing when it starts to dry out. 

NineInchNails
On 9/14/2018 at 11:35 AM, oomiedoobie said:

Humidifier on all day so I’m gonna put it on a timer

You would probably be better off using a humidity controller to manage your humidifier instead of a timer. A humidity controller (humidistat) will turn your humidifier on and off as needed to maintain the % humidity you set it for. There are other really cool features you can program, for instance you can set the controller for how many % humidity you want the FC to drop before the controller kicks the humidifier back on. That's a nifty feature because that allows for some evaporation which is said to be a very good pinning trigger.

Timers turn the humidifier on and off by fixed intervals you set. The problem with timers is that they run the humidifier when they don't need to be running. Sometimes they don't run even though the humidity is low.

Pins are good, even if they don't appear to be growing during this flush. Often the following flush consists of mostly of those pins that continue to grow. Aborts are different. Aborts are pins that literally die and are of no use to a flush.