• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Twotails

Was at home depot. Picked these guys up

Twotails

Hey guys, I was at home depot and picked these up, cool thing was the guy maintaining the tropics room and cacti was a hippy/stoner/psychonaut, and came to chat plants seeing if I need help. Had the hallucinagenic cacti wiki page open and he must have glanced it, took me right over to this guy Pachycereus pringlei and said I think you may like this one, I googled the name (its listed as edibal/psychoactive, although not sure of alkaloid content) and I just kinda looked at him, and he kinda laughed and told me you would be surprised what they some times get in shipments. Took out his phone to unleash a amazing image of a room filled with all cacti and and a few massive pots of Peyote buttons (I'm guessing) he also had some grafted.

I think I ought to keep my eyes peeled at home depot lol 

My other cacti is a prickly pear cacti.

20180918_000722.jpg

20180918_002921.jpg

• Like 2

Flawedprophecy

That's pretty cool man. I get all my plants at home depot or rural king. Walmart is bullshit but mostly because they don't take care of there stuff. I planted a hydrangia a couple years ago from home depot and it is a beast. 

Twotails

I used to take care of walmarts plants before I turned into a apprentice optician, you have to know what you can save. I have a 300+lbs shiffiledia tree, that 100% exfoliated this year, and now it's back with vengeance. Same with my 6ft tall kumquat tree. The kumquat was a seed from a fruit, the shif /prayer tree was a little less than ft tall baby. It's like, 18 years old. Also got a managasgar paon tree, eves needle, barrle cacti, and other plants

• Like 1

Flawedprophecy

My brother moved back out this summer and I didn't do a garden so I don't have much going on this year outside. I am trying to grow a pineapple from a crown and get some avacodo plants going. Low maintenance indoor stuff just to get going. There is other a squash or cucumber vine going in the front yard I have been keeping up with though. It might put out before it gets cold but it got a really late start