• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

aqudoc

1st grow dub tub TEK

Kshroomy

Dope grow I'm getting ready to start my own Mono Tub grow keep this post updated, also any info I should know b4 Mono Tubing? :wub:

aqudoc

Welcome to shroomology Kshroomy.  I can't advise on monotub I haven't tried it.  Just post under new topic and an experienced member or one of the very helpful mod's will advise and answer questions. When you do get started post your TEK in the member grow log for us to follow.  :)

Kshroomy

Forsure thanks for the info broski:wub:

• Like 1

Moonphase

What strain/strains?  B)

• Like 1

aqudoc
4 minutes ago, Moonphase said:

What strain/strains?  B)

The 7 PF TEK were noc'd 8/17 w/ the last of my Ecuador strain.  The 5 bags were noc'd 6/24 w/ PF Classics, lol I have NO IDEA what that even means.  

aqudoc

UPDATE

Checked on one tub and I must have prematurely introduced the grain bag to the sub b/c spawn run was only about 30% so back into the incubator.  I'm guessing the middle of the bag the grains were not yet fully colonized.  I took precaution and checked the tub in sterilized glove box so cautiously optimistic no tam should occur.   Will check back in 2 weeks.

aqudoc

IMG_2212.jpg.1ec5adcb6fed8711b6c8cea9883f0a64.jpg

1 tray tam'd out in IC.  Considering I took every shortcut available, (3rd party grain bags, substrate :facepalm:) and my temp issues before making the tubntub IC which I was sure came too late and everything likely stalled, this should not be happening.

IMG_2213.jpg.0f4be48ce943709b17966e4787531a1f.jpg

IMG_2214.thumb.jpg.e1be0916974eb990c1ae7b4caba51892.jpg

IMG_2215.thumb.jpg.a0ae9b95af91660fe27b7ecc51237e10.jpg

IMG_2216.thumb.jpg.652bff917ab9c2fb2f9b77ca4898d140.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg.e988d907ed09d1fe9e017af087c29a43.jpg

Shortcuts d/t lack of confidence, not lazy.  No more, no shortcuts!  I have one bag remaining, (sweet jesus noc'd 6/24), that I loaded into 2 more 6Q tuba w/ substrate I made from the tek and PC'ed 90 min that just went into the IC to check in 10 days.

None of the tubs fully colonized maybe that's why pins are all around the edges, except the middle tub.  There's a pin in the center of that one.

Comments/criticisms welcome.  Happy Monday good people  ^_^

aqudoc

Harvested a few.  Not abundant.

IMG_2218.jpg.8aab4bdcb350aadfc325cf0f2701680f.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg.a2a3a275c45573014a01c6c8c73d8a46.jpg

I moved some cakes out 2 days after the tubs went to fruiting.  The cakes, like the tubs, appeared stalled and none were fully colonized.  I went ahead and dunked 24 hrs and myc growth started right up.  I have read that if the myc stalls it's game over?  These are from this AM, about 10 days in the SGFC:

IMG_2221.jpg.28b1f6d5c95e98685df04c711d483df7.jpg

IMG_2223.thumb.jpg.6db292acc5b7e89ebf2377f9db7357f6.jpg

IMG_2225.thumb.JPG.a7cf1e457541d0913189633ead57d91d.JPG

I don't know if they'll come to full fruit, but I am impressed w/ the resiliency.  Happy hump day friends.

mushmouth

I think 3/4:1 grain to spawn is the problem with the poor pin set in the tubs. I usually use a 1:3 ratio. Rehydrate and start fanning again.

Keep those cakes moist looking.

• Thanks 1

aqudoc

Hey Bud - Thanks for the input.  I typoed that ratio incorrectly.  I meant 3-4:1 sub to grain.  I was measuring weight vs volume b/c I was using grain bags so actuals were about 6-8 lbs:2 lbs.  I was chalking up the crap pinset to the age of those grain bags.  They were noc'd late June and moved so many times trying to pin down the temp I was sure they stalled, like I said none of those tubs or jars fully colonized.  I plan to go for a 2nd flush.  If you don't mind, how do you generally dunk those tubs.  I was told a 2 gallon ziplock but can't remember by who. 

Leave the liner in the tub while I dunk?

Recase?

Super appreciative of the feedback!

• Like 1

Mushinist
25 minutes ago, aqudoc said:

I was told a 2 gallon ziplock but can't remember by who. 

May have been phish that said that. It will work fine just use distilled or spring water.

You don't have to recase.

At least you got some mush from your tub too after the others failed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

aqudoc
26 minutes ago, Mushinist said:

May have been phish

YES it was phish.  I'm feeling the same, total gratitude for any mush from those tubs on my 1st try and slacker efforts.  You guys are really so much help.  If there's a donate button I'd help w/ server costs or whatever.  If there's not I think there should be.  It's a wealth of info. here and education is so rarely free.  

• Like 2

mushmouth
55 minutes ago, aqudoc said:

Hey Bud - Thanks for the input.  I typoed that ratio incorrectly.  I meant 3-4:1 sub to grain.  I was measuring weight vs volume b/c I was using grain bags so actuals were about 6-8 lbs:2 lbs.  I was chalking up the crap pinset to the age of those grain bags.  They were noc'd late June and moved so many times trying to pin down the temp I was sure they stalled, like I said none of those tubs or jars fully colonized.  I plan to go for a 2nd flush.  If you don't mind, how do you generally dunk those tubs.  I was told a 2 gallon ziplock but can't remember by who. 

Leave the liner in the tub while I dunk?

Recase?

Super appreciative of the feedback!

I just spray the holy hell out of them for 24 hours then dump off any standing water.

• Thanks 1

aqudoc
8 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

just spray the holy hell out of them for 24 hours

I got 3 tubs, I'll go both routes 

• Like 1

aqudoc

Hey who turned out the lights? 

Tubs were dunked and back in FC conditions.  PF cakes exploded, I'll upload some pics soon.

My tub cakes broke, 2 in half, the other quartered.  Will that be an issue?

Glad to see the place again.

Have a great Tues. good people!

• Like 2

Mushinist
On 11/20/2018 at 12:17 PM, aqudoc said:

Hey who turned out the lights? 

Glad to see the place again.

Have a great Tues. good people!

I was like a crack head needin my ology fix! :lol:

• Haha 2

aqudoc
29 minutes ago, Mushinist said:

my ology fix!

It's strangely addictive, both the hobby and the site.  I'm on my third grow since I started in June and am trying the results for the first time tomorrow.

• Like 2

Mushinist

I look forward to hearing about it, happy travel's friend!

aqudoc
11 minutes ago, Mushinist said:

happy travel's

Thank you.  The last time I took mushrooms it was 1998 :unsure:

• Like 2

aqudoc

Appreciating your relating.  It's a big deal for me, been prepping my body but not sure how to wrap my mind to it.  Your takes help. 

mushmouth

I never try to anticipate how it will be. Good or bad, if I eat enough of them, I always want it back when it starts going away.

I set up in a cozy spot with my laptop, TV and vape. If I start to feel like I'm going to puke, I just go ahead and do it. Things are much cleaner and nicer afterward.

Also, bring a lot of good, cold water to drink, lol.

• Like 2