• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Kshroomy

What is the Highest Yeilding psilocybin cubensis Mushroom Strain

Kshroomy

What is the Highest Yeilding psilocybin cubensis Mushroom Strain? Or Top 3

sneakymortar

From everything I've read the biggest factor for yield is the grower. Proper conditions, sterile process, and adherence to a well documented processes (Teks) will go further for you than any strain early on.

It's also important to note that just buying an MS Syringe and using that to run with will produce varied results as you haven't isolated and cleaned it up. Running from a liquid culture will produce different results, using agar wedges after isolation will run laps around all of that. Cloning can also help speed things along too and get consistent fruits.

If you're looking for strains to get I'd suggest - Easy to grow and work with
Alacabenzi - https://sourceofspores.com/product/cubensis-alacabenzi-spores/
Golden Teacher - https://sourceofspores.com/product/golden-teacher-spore-syringe/
B+ - https://sourceofspores.com/product/b-plus-cubensis-spores/

I'd advise against APE or any non-pc crazy strains early on. They can be a bit persnickety and without the proper knowledge/experience you'll just struggle.

• Like 1

Super S
2 hours ago, sneakymortar said:

From everything I've read the biggest factor for yield is the grower. Proper conditions, sterile process, and adherence to a well documented processes (Teks) will go further for you than any strain early on.

It's also important to note that just buying an MS Syringe and using that to run with will produce varied results as you haven't isolated and cleaned it up. Running from a liquid culture will produce different results, using agar wedges after isolation will run laps around all of that. Cloning can also help speed things along too and get consistent fruits.

If you're looking for strains to get I'd suggest - Easy to grow and work with
Alacabenzi - https://sourceofspores.com/product/cubensis-alacabenzi-spores/
Golden Teacher - https://sourceofspores.com/product/golden-teacher-spore-syringe/
B+ - https://sourceofspores.com/product/b-plus-cubensis-spores/

I'd advise against APE or any non-pc crazy strains early on. They can be a bit persnickety and without the proper knowledge/experience you'll just struggle.

just knocked up 3 jars of APE on the  3rd of this month. Solid growth so far. What potential issues might i face? 

DonkeyHote

I think yield will vary more by tek than cubensis type. Check out the "how to grow mushrooms in bulk" section. I usually do BRF tek since I am just growing for personal use. It's easy and I get more than enough for me and my friends to amuse ourselves for a while. 

Potential problems: stalled jars, contaminated jars, contaminated substrate after you add the grain spawn, other stuff.

• Like 1

Shroomarican

Cubensis strains all produce various, unpredictable amounts of shrooms. No one strain variety can be predicted to fruit more than another. Other factors such as substrate, fruiting chamber and fruiting conditions plus genetics are the deciders of the yeild you'll get.

• Like 1

Rezz

Well, its not about strain in my opinion its about how you grow them. The best canopy trays Iv seen where Rezz effect using a grow tent with ultrasonic humidity and a hepa filter intake for FEA. Mind you that set up also had two computer fan motors on each side of the laundry dryer tubing to bring in and pull out air that was hooked up to the timer. Its a fine ballance with the amount of HP you use in your ultrasonic humidifier also. I forgot the ratio I used but as I said the results where awesome and way better then then any other method I used before.

Not my pic but it you can tell what I mean by canopy of mushrooms.

shrooms.jpg

1 hour ago, Rezz said:

Why is there a double image? I must of queefed something wrong.

shrooms.jpg

• Like 2

Rezz
22 minutes ago, Mush Zombie said:

I agree with @Rezz, for the most part. If you understand WHY mushrooms form primordia, you can manipulate the environment in a way where they produce heavily, as long as your substrate can support it. Mushrooms are 90% water, so obviously the more water your sub can hold, the better it will perform with the correct conditions. Look up biological efficiency for more info on that.

I do not need a greenhouse and all that for canopies. It can be done with 1 dollar totes. I have posted many pics over the years of this. 

I will say it is easier to achieve this with an isolate culture that is a good fruiting phenotype. You can isolate for various other characteristics, like they do in the gourmet mushroom industry, such as size, or texture, and even potency. But it can be done from spores if you know what you're doing, or if you just get lucky.

The strain really does not matter if you go the route of isolation and know how to choose a good fruiting phenotype.

Phenotypes :) I forgot thats why the shrooms they used to grow in Amsterdam all looks the same size. Like a clone of eachother.

• Like 2

Mush Zombie

MS > clone > isolate substrains in clone culture > fruit all isolates > pick best phenotype(s) > continue back to agar > etc

• Like 1

Shroomarican

When I do get a potent crop of cubes, they are the ones that always bruise the bluest. I've had ones that barely turned blue and they sucked. Others bruise dark blue and knocked me on my ass! Cloning a potent crop via agar plates is the best way to get another consistently strong grow. Take a shroom flesh sample from inside the stem and put it on agar, then clean it up by transfers until you get a good plate. Then wedges can be used to inoculate grain jars or to make live liquid cultures (my preference). I have just learned proper sterile technique for making clean liquid cultures, and they colonize grains or brf cake jars so much faster than MS, obviously. I just didn't realize how much quicker it actually is! Besides cloning a potent crop, penis envy or albino penis envy are known to be stronger than the other varieties of Cubensis, all the rest are about the same IMO. 

• Like 1

NineInchNails

I prefer PE over common Cubensis. PE can give you very high yields flush after flush. PE fruits are much more dense in comparison to common Cubensis too. Common Cubensis stems are hollow and PE fruits are not.

APE, while more potent than PE, generally speaking does not yield as much as PE in my experience. APE would take some isolation to yield as much or more in comparison.

• Like 1