• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Tanelorn

making a sterile spore print and syringe

Tanelorn

i have a penis envy harvest coming up very soon, and i'm pretty excited to see how big they will get. i heard that penis envy rarely drop spores, but in case they do, how would i get them inside a syringe in a sterile fashion? i dont have a flowhood, but i was thinking i could cut the top of the mushroom off, wrap the top with foil, see if any drop spores, wait 12 hours and quickly transfer the cap to a sterile jar where they would drop clean spores without contaminating the jar. then i would remove the cap with a clean knife, add sterile water through a SHIP, and suck it up with a sterile syringe.

another question i have is, if i just make a "dirty" print on foil and store it somewhere clean and safe for a few months, will the contaminants die, having no nourishment to live off of? if not, what about for a year?

DirtBagDan

Never done a pe print, I’ve heard of people doing swabs instead because they drop so few spores

• Like 1

Mush Zombie

If you can print PE, it's not PE.

Tanelorn
7 hours ago, Mush Zombie said:

If you can print PE, it's not PE.

the syringes i had contained spores, so either like you said they arent PE, or they got the spores some other way. with a swab like dirtbagdan suggested, you'd have to do it with agar because of contamination, so how do you reckon they did it?

Mush Zombie

I said if you can PRINT pe it's not Penis envy. Printing is not how you harvest Penis envy spores. Indeed, there's a few ways to harvest PE spores. One has been mentioned.

Penis envy produces spores like any other mushroom, and just as much. This includes albino penis envy. Those spores are invisible, because there is no color in albinos.

Swabbing will be the best bet for the novice, as it doesn't require any specialized equipment, supplies, or knowledge. You can do it in a glove box if you have to.