• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Super S

Recommendations on teks please

Super S

i have 3 jars of spawn growing at the moment of some APE. My plan was to do a single monotub with them. Then i thought that im still sorta new to this and been thinking to do 3 6quarts tubs. 

What you guys think i should do? 

one more question, i starting shaking the jars what seems to be a bit early. it hasnt reached 25% growth but it was scattered randomly so i decided to give them a shake. would shaking the jars at early stages cause anything negative.

thanks in advance

DirtBagDan

There’s at least 5 of this same thread.

id go with the 6 quarts if you’re nervous.

dont think it’ll have any negative effect, but probably more efficient if you waited.

• Like 2

phish

Do 6qt tubs and DONT shake them a second time. They can easily stall on you. They’ll be fine at this point. Just let them do their thing and finish up.

• Like 1

Super S

I apologize about the multiple threads. I pressed many times the submit button when my browser froze.  Ill leave the jars alone now until theyre 100%. I'll start this patch with 6q tubs and when i succeed and ready for the next level, ill get into the full mono tub.

I heard its difficult to get prints of APE spores. Is that true? If it is, how can I keep the supplies going? Should I make a LC jars from it?

NineInchNails

I'd make spore swabs for sure.

I personally like to make LCs using my original spore syringe. Many recommend doing agar then transfer to LC.

Once you have swabs you can use them to inoculate agar or LC. You can clone a fruit to agar or LC.

There's a lot of ways to perpetuate what you have and keep from having to start all over again. For instance you can use a LC to inoculate more LC, but your culture will eventually crap out on you because it cannot live forever. There's a word for it, but I forget. It's like MYC has an internal time clock and starts to slow down.