• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

slownlo

What would you do?...

slownlo

In 16 days (10/26) I have to go away for 10 days (26 days).

I don't have anyone to manage things while I'm away. Based on the condition of the jars should I:

1) Transfer to bulk "before" I leave for 10 days - I'm thinking this would be just enough time for colonization of the substrate and once I get back I could start the fruiting process?

2) Refrigerate the jars now - to slow down colonization, and transfer to bulk when I get back (would that work?).

Help!

IMG_1393.JPG

DirtBagDan

1- because you generally want 12 days for sub to colonize anyway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kshroomy
2 hours ago, slownlo said:

1) Transfer to bulk "before" I leave for 10 days - I'm thinking this would be just enough time for colonization of the substrate and once I get back I could start the fruiting process?

Yep #1 would probably be the best option,cant wait to see how they turn out.:emoticon-south-park-016:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

phish

Yup #1 every time imo.

Though you may want to refrigerate them for a week before you spawn them to sub. They look like they will be done soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

slownlo
1 hour ago, phish said:

Yup #1 every time imo.

Though you may want to refrigerate them for a week before you spawn them to sub. They look like they will be done soon.

Thanks for that. Having never done rye berry jars I didn’t know what they should look like when fully colonized (should I still be able to see specs of rye berries? Or should it be all white?) 

phish

You might see traces of specks of rye against the glass.but basically  it should look a nice cottony white 100% throughout.