Lophophora williamsii

Mushinist
14 minutes ago, magicman said:

With the right light, temp and watering schedule you shoud see hairs growing from each of those white dots and the mother should flower and produce seeds once or twice a year. :)

Get on it Mainiak Lol! I would love a couple seeds if they ever become available!

• Like 2

Don't you love friends! Looks  healthy & awesome. Unfortunately, I have no advice to give, except patience. When I go hiking in the South West, I occasionally run into them. I know that they are extremely slow growers, even for cacti, but very tolerant  of many environmental factors. Starting from seed can take years, grafting is the fastest, but still slow.  I do want to mention that peyote is endangered, if you happen to ( not likely) see one in the wild, please leave it alone. Good luck!

• Like 2
On 10/16/2018 at 3:23 PM, magicman said:

Those pups look big enough to graft to a torch cactus or other grafting cactus or succulent, too big for Pereskiopsis. I would practice grafting with cactus seedlings on Pereskiopsis first until you get the hang of it before trying to graft those pups. It would suck to lose any of them! You can also plant them into their own pots if you want, you might get more pups that pop up after you do that. Very nice gift!

With the right light, temp and watering schedule you shoud see hairs growing from each of those white dots and the mother should flower and produce seeds once or twice a year. :)

From what reading I've done, I take it each of those pups has their own root system. I just need to repot them all into their own pots.

I plan to wait before doing any grafting. It's to busy this time of year for me to give them the proper attention.