• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Robotard

Some feedback plz! All you pros out there!!!

Robotard

Ok. Absolutely first time attempt. Thought I had all my ducks in a row but I keep reading more and more on other teks. Originally, my plan was to use strobes no fail for spawn(no-brainer to me), and then saw the Tek on zombie tubs. Seems the best as far as eliminating possibility of contamination. But will these type of tubs work for Rez? If not then fine, could somebody please specify, to the most simplistic, which sub to use. I have no desire to case, but if needed... Mush appreciated

mushmouth

The very simplest...

ย 

Robotard
On 10/20/2018 at 1:11 AM, Robotard said:

Ok. Absolutely first time attempt. Thought I had all my ducks in a row but I keep reading more and more on other teks. Originally, my plan was to use strobes no fail for spawn(no-brainer to me), and then saw the Tek on zombie tubs. Seems the best as far as eliminating possibility of contamination. But will these type of tubs work for Rez? If not then fine, could somebody please specify, to the most simplistic, which sub to use. I have no desire to case, but if needed... Mush appreciated

So.... Just waiting on spores. I may just go invest in a submersible heater and build and incu. chamber. It's been cold already, and even with the heat on the place is still drafty. I'm affraid I won't be able to maintain a constant temp. I've already invested a bit, why not a lil more, seeing as I have a few more smaller things to check off my list. I,m going to hedge my beets and do two "styles" of dub-tub, mist/fan and zombie(already have the polyfill). So instead of the originally planned 5 tubs, that will be doubled. The one thing that is really gonna suck is the pressure cooker I bought (online like a moron) and it's kinda small. So, I found quart sized jars that would fit heighth-wise, they are gift jars๐Ÿค—!!! IDK if you know what they are. Anyway I can only fit 2 jars at a time in the p.c.ย 

And now another q for da pros:ย 

As I stated about the jars, 10 jars planned subject to change, two at a time, at 90 mins a round, 7.5 hrs (and figure 8 or 9 hours all said and done. I'm usually crunched for time but I could pull this off one evening. What worries me is the cooling time between the first 2 jars and the last 2. It could be 6 or more hours lapsed. So to innoculate the jars they must be completely cooled. How long do I have with the jars once they are sterile and cool? Is there a way to actually preserve them, because ive only read to noc the jars as soon as cooled?

mushmouth

I always just wait until the next day. The seeds won't sprout so you have a good couple of months but they will start to dry out.

• Like 2

Robotard
9 hours ago, mushmouth said:

I always just wait until the next day. The seeds won't sprout so you have a good couple of months but they will start to dry out.

Awesome news. Thanks ever so mush.ย 

Robotard

Ok. It's been a while. Haven't spent my time sitting down. Good thing I am adaptable to change. Lol. Not really.

Started two strains. GT and Ecuadorian.ย  8x1pt. GT and 2x1qt, 4x1pt. Ecuadorian. First time so I guess some stumbling is necessary. Might not have noc all the jars with equal measure. Might have shook too early. Idk. But some of the GT jars have been slow to colonize. I understand they come from MS. Ecuadorian has thrived. Also struggled to maintain constant incubation temp. Ranging from 78-85ยฐf. Not the higher side all the time. Normally right at the 80ยฐ mark.

Have sub started right now. Will be doing 5 ztubs and one tub Rez effect. Not sure which strains to designate quite yet but have some popcorn PC to do a g2g for 5 Qt size jars. Most likely will do the Ecuadorian for the g2g.ย 

Have my fruiting area pretty much ready. May I present.... The Mush Room. Tiny. Discreet. Storage for all the things. I see beautiful things happening guys.๐Ÿ˜‹

IMG_20181208_165651.jpg

IMG_20181208_165715.jpg

IMG_20181208_170123.jpg

Edited by Robotard
More pics
  • Like 2