• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Samwise

I'm going to be injected with DMT in the name of science

mushmouth

Hahaa!!! Leme go get a coffee.

• Like 1

Samwise

...oh and thanks for the good vibes peeps!! :)

• Like 2

MaiNiaK

Can't wait to hear about your experience with this DMT trial.

• Like 2

MaiNiaK

Do you know what dosage they were giving you?

So you feel like the DMT experience is related more to a drug effect than a "ultimate truth" parallel dimension. 

That's very interesting to me. Through my studies I've come to believe some form of the latter.  

Unfortunately vaporizing DMT only works maybe 1 out of 10 times for me. Not sure if it's due to my cigarette smoking (bad lungs), or if its my psycy.

Thank you so much for sharing.

• Like 2

Samwise
6 hours ago, MaiNiaK said:

Do you know what dosage they were giving you?

So you feel like the DMT experience is related more to a drug effect than a "ultimate truth" parallel dimension. 

That's very interesting to me. Through my studies I've come to believe some form of the latter.  

Unfortunately vaporizing DMT only works maybe 1 out of 10 times for me. Not sure if it's due to my cigarette smoking (bad lungs), or if its my psycy.

No, I don't think we will know the dosages used until the study findings are published, only that they were in the medium-high dosage range.

I'm open/agnostic when it comes to this aspect of the DMT experience, but my leaning I think is towards it being a very beautiful, truly awesome and wondrous aberration of brain function. I had a very profound and amazing breakthrough experience with it a few years ago where I lost contact with this reality and seemed to enter somewhere else, I really thought I;d killed myself for a bit due to a fierce electrical crack/ice shattering feeling/sound in my brain as the DMT hit my brain and I was ripped out of this reality. But bar this very impressing and rather imposing experience, I've not encountered anything in my DMT experiences that have given me inarguable proof that I a,m interfacing with an external reality to my self. The human brain is so excellent at constructing reality models...it is how we interface with what we perceive as the physical world, and we do it every night when we dream. I think part of what is going on is the brain striving to finding meaning in chaos, as the brain is hardwired to seek out patterns and their associated meaning. So I think one is more likely connecting with a very deep part of one's inner self than something external...but maybe when one goes far enough inside these definitions are rendered redundant anyway. I don't think this really supersedes the mystery of this though, given that the human brain is the most complex and mysterious thing we know of in the universe.

With this in mind though, I find it quite a lot harder to attempt to rationally explain the breakthrough 5-MeO-DMT experiences, which is an altogether different beast to N,N-DMT. Through this compound I directly experience true infinity/eternity...again yes it was a very deep part of my inner self and not something external, but it was so deep, so powerful and all encompassing the definitions of internal/external were rendered moot. Vaping N,N-DMT can definitely be a bit hit and miss (unlike 5-MeO-DMT which is really quite easy)...my last experience with the former prior to my study dosings was via a friend that had imbued some DMT into some vape fluid in a e cigarette...this made it very easy (almost too easy) to vape, and not only that but it allows one to titrate their dosage more easily.

• Like 2

Don_Shadow

Hey Sam, thanks for sharing this! It was a pleasure to read and the level of detail made it very immersive. The most interesting part for me was the post-trip questionnaire related to the nature of the trip, whether you felt it to be only an effect of the drug on the brain, or a higher-order, unquantifiable experience. An interesting feeling that I experience every time I have a high-dose mushroom trip is something like a nostalgic recognition of the eternity beyond the body. It is a total conviction that this disincarnate void (the big "It") is actually much more my "home" than my body-self, and the seemingly "material" incarnated self is only a brief and temporary illusion. The assumed boundary between inside and outside becomes redundant, almost humorous, and all notion of brains and material clockwork being somehow responsible for consciousness goes right out the window. Still, upon returning, it always becomes convincing again that consensus reality is somehow rendered by the specific concrete form of my grey matter, nervous system, intestines and sensory organs. What stays though, is the understanding that any distinction between "matter" and "mind" (or spirit, soul, whatever you want to call it) is meaningless.

It's interesting to note that the words "matter", "mother", and "matrix" all share the same proto-indo-European root "mater", which essentially means "womb" or "place of gestation". In which case, a possible way of putting to rest the body/soul distinction might be to say that the material body is actually the womb or incubator of the soul, or the vessel that brings soul into existence and makes it perceptible. If this is the case, it seems like the imagination is a sort of inter-dimensional umbilical cord that "feeds" the creative process and allows us to willfully enact changes in the world. 

What you said about the opposing forces of order and chaos is also very interesting. I experience this as an orderly symbolic patterning coming into to alignment with what I can only describe as angst or unconscious desire. For me this concept is most easily imagined as a closing zipper, which, interestingly, many people describe experiencing on high doses of salvia and DMT. Metaphysical thermodynamics.

• Like 1