• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Stj92086

Ksss grow log......need help!

Stj92086

Here is my little project. A 5lb all in one bag. I used ms ksss To innoculate. This isnt my first grow, thé only reason i got thé all in one bag is because im short on funds. Im not sure how i want To fruit yet , whether To fruit in thé bag, or To dump all thé contents into à tub. Im also kinda confused as To when i shake thé bag after 25% colonization. Should i mix thé whole bag? It seems as though I could use thé casing layer  And use a tub. Im thinking about just letting thé whole bag colonize, then cru thé bag longways & put onto FC. Any insight world be greatly appreciated. And Alain thank you for accepting me into this forum. You guys are great.20181028_125432.jpg.432cc5d1ddfb3557542bce68e5f089ef.jpg

20181028_125451_Burst01.jpg

20181028_125451_Burst01.jpg

20181028_125514.jpg

• Thanks 1

Stj92086

I have some questions....

When i shake thé mycellium up do i mix thé whole bag up? I thought the top layer in thé bag was like à casing...idk?

Captain Celium

Is it manure? If so, Iwould assume that it is all sub. 

• Thanks 1

Stj92086

Its compost. If I decide To fruit in the bag I Feel as though I would get less fruits being as there is only à small amount of surface area. Once thé bag is fully colonized i could remove from bag and treat thé mass as à giant cake right?

mushmouth
41 minutes ago, Stj92086 said:

Its compost. If I decide To fruit in the bag I Feel as though I would get less fruits being as there is only à small amount of surface area. Once thé bag is fully colonized i could remove from bag and treat thé mass as à giant cake right?

I've never tried a bag grow but the colony should be just as efficient if fruited in or out of the bag... maybe more flushes in the bag?

If you fruit it in a tub, I'd make some dub tubs with it. Make sure the sub is somewhere around 2" deep, use a liner and, of course, use a good casing.

• Thanks 1

Stj92086

It should get enough FAE with thé patch without opening thé bag, just fanning?

mushmouth
1 minute ago, Stj92086 said:

It should get enough FAE with thé patch without opening thé bag, just fanning?

How do the instructions read?

Captain Celium

I would say just keep it in a well ventilated area once you are ready to fruit. With that filter, the air exchange should take care of its self. 

• Thanks 1

Stj92086

Okay.....I need some advice guys.

I've done weeks worth of research & have read so many different instructions on these all in one grow bags in using. Im aware now that I should have mixed the grain before inoculation. My question is:

Now I have mixed the grains with the compost @ 20% colonization...I think I should've waited until the GRAIN was fully colonized...SHOULD THE PARTIALLY COLONIZED GRAIN MIX WELL WITH THE COMPOST & COLONIZE THE ENTIRE BAG FASTER OR DID I LIKELY KILL THE MYCILLIAL NETWORK?

Captain Celium

I think it it will do just fine. Like you, I am new, but I do know that the mycelium will likely colonize the  compost because it should be a nutritious sub for the mycelium. 

Stj92086

Coming a long nicely. Thé bottom was exposed To direct heat. I took it away from thé heat pad. 

1544028635444768554843.jpg

Captain Celium

Looking good. Hope to see some nice fruits. 

• Like 1