• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mr.Mojo

First Time Grow Questions

Mr.Mojo

Just finished pressure cooking 7 quarts of wbs, going with Str0be's WBS no fail tek, and use the 6 qt dub tubs as fruiting chambers. This site has been super helpful in figuring out everything needed to grow as well as helping me learn about mushrooms in general which tbh are really cool. THANKS YALL, Just got a few more questions before I continue...

1.For incubating the WBS jars what technique works best? My plan is to just put all the jars together in a closed box with a blanket and maybe use some kind of terrarium heating pad, any easy, cheap proven incubation methods out there?

2.How long could you let a jar sit without inoculating it, after pressure cooking it? (friend might be late on bringin me spores)

3. Also im confused with how the high temp silicone is to be used or what its purpose is? Wouldn't putting that stuff ontop of the hole you punch into the jar stop gas exchange?

honestly feel really prepared, got all the shit i need,  and got a really good feeling about this first grow thanks to shroomology!

mushmouth

1. Be careful with that heating pad. Get you some kind of thermometer to check often. Don't excede 80* f.

2. You have a good few months.

3. Yes it would. So here's the lid tek you should use...

Mr.Mojo

Thank you, thank you, thank you,

I'll make sure to post here again when i get results. 

Hopefully, all goes well!

Mr.Mojo

another inquiry:

So if I have myc on an agar plate whats the best way to get that into a syringe to nock my jars? Should I first need to use the myc to make a LC? or should i just try an stab a chunk right on through with the needle and go straight from agar to jar? 

Other than that, things looking groovy! Got a "Macgyver'd" incubator holding at the temps I need, lids ready, dub tubs check, substrate check, casing check, lucy check, misting bottle check, willingness to fan mushrooms check, patience?!! got it!!!

also learned how to stop breathing, and live off a diet of only 199 proof vodka, so that I give as little risk of contam to the mushrooms as possible! :P

pictures soon!

mushmouth

You can cut wedges of colonized agar and noc LC or grain jars with them. Of course you'll have to do it in your glove box or in front of your flow hood.

I've heard of people mixing up their colonized agar so they can pull it into a syringe but I'm not sure how they do it without clogging the needle.