• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

slownlo

Making a bigger cake from BRF jars

slownlo

I had 2x nicely colonized BRF jars so before I left on vacation and I crumbled them into some field moist sterilized substrate made of cpoo, verm & hardwood mulch.

I used a 6QT tub lined with a thick black plastic bag.

Here are the results after about 12 days.

This is an experiment and I'm a noob so please keep that in mind....

My whole point in doing this was to see if I could make a bigger "cake" (its now a 4" x 13" x 9" brick) out of the 2x much smaller BRF cakes....

It looks like its working...

is this fully colonized or should I give it some more time? let it pin? advice? any temperature/humidity advice?

When its done, should I dunk it to re hydrate the brick and then case it with a 1/4" layer of verm?

IMG_1773.thumb.JPG.53e806a675d51beed8a5fa90dfb126a4.JPGIMG_1774.thumb.JPG.660935698d45d6f13dd86a5732b0b9fc.JPG

IMG_1772.thumb.JPG.d12d338860b05731d6d8b6ec8ca84ed8.JPG put it back in the black liner then case the top about 1/4"?

My camera sucks.

• Like 1

mushmouth

Looks good.

At 12 days inc you can case it, put the lid on it and fruit it.

After you case it, cut the liner down. Just be careful not to peel it away from the substrate. Leave the liner stuck to it.

• Thanks 1

slownlo

Thanks MM.

appreciate the assist!

• Like 1