• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

mycobabe

Mushroom Contam ID? and why aren't my mushrooms colonizing ?

mycobabe

I have been waiting for this batch of mushrooms to colonize for over a month now and still nothing! This happened on my last batch too, but I assumed that because I ordered them while it was 110 degrees out that the heat killed the spores... Would anyone be able to tell my what I could have done to keep my jars from colonizing? Also, would anyone be able to ID this contam? It's light green, and wanted to make sure on the type of contam so I know how to dispose of it... 

mush contam.jpg

Tripster727

That sucks,  no one answered you.. Hopefully you got some good jars by now. Chuck that. Could be bad spores? Find a good vendor man, Also it should never take a month to show signs of growth... A month to full colonization maybe a lil longer depends on a lot of factors.. Good luck tho

Mushinist

Could be immature trich, or aspergillus. Looks like some bacteria started in there as well.

If its not a big deal just toss the whole jar away or empty and rinse it outside.

You could have a dirty syringe, or a flaw in your sterile technique etc. Leaning more towards bad syringe since there is absolutely zero white started in there though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now