• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Brad

So I ruined my pressure cooker. I wanted to make a bunch of wbs jars, and like many of you my pc holds 7 quarts. After work I got some presoaked seeds rocking in the pc. 90 min later plus the natural release of the pc I had 3 more jars I wanted to do. I started them and settled in in front of the tv (rare for me). Needles to say that working and trying to do 4+ hours of pressure cooking was a disaster. I fell asleep and cooked the 2nd batch all night. Woke up for work and the pc was dry and the bottom bowed out. It spins like a top on my stove now. I don't trust it to hold pressure any more.

Good thing for cyber monday. I didn't buy any Xmas  stuff but found pressure cookers for $40, so I bought 2.

Now when I want to do more than 7 jars I can run both at the same time.

If you have abused your pc, please consider the cost of a new one is nothing compared to how much enjoyment you receive from it over a long period of time.

Gotta go cook pork chops now. Happy sterilizing. 

Brad

I am so glad I have 2 now. And yes. I have seen vid of pc blow outs, looks bad.  When it cooks dry it ruins your lids too.

Mushinist

Glad your ok bud and nothing bad happened! 

I'm looking to get another myself, mine is old af and has a couple pits in the bottom that I'm not liking. Haven't seen any sales on All Americans though.

phish

Get a piece of 2” by 6” and a good heavy mallet. Use them to flatten the bottom back to semi normal.

Then sell that bitch to some cheap fuck on Craigslist for $40 bucks Iike I did lol

Mine only ran dry for a short time but I couldn’t get it up to 15psi anymore, though it seemed safe still,

But after running dry most of the night, I’d really just shitcan yours.

Brad

It's still good for pasteurized or simmer but not pressure. I'm not too poor to use the right equipment. The rite ingredients is a if I can find them thing , though.

Twotails

First thing I invested in was a AAPC, if I was to do it again. I would get the electric sterilizer model, it is currently larger than my poor stove can handle. Good to hear your not injured.