• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Borgfer4542

First Try

Clusterfuc#d

If it is cold where you are like I am, and you have forced air heating, your house is probably dry as heck like mine . Just wondering how tight the seal on your lid is? If it isn't tight, the room air might just be sucking your tub dry? 

• Like 1

Borgfer4542
8 hours ago, MysticMadness said:

Did you plug ALL the holes? I saw a few that had micropore. I'd try plugging every one of them and basically just convert it to a dub tub to see what that does. Also, are you misting the walls, perlite, etc when you mist? What is the RH usually at right before you open to fan?

The only thing I can imagine is that your ambient RH in the room is so low that when you fan it's depleting it significantly and then because your fanning dry there's not much water left to evaporate to bring the level back up. Maybe get close to the perlite after you fan and respray the perlite so that it has water to evaporate? Just be sure you don't get the cakes wet again or you will negate the fanning you did.

It could be your hygrometer too. I know I've heard MZ say they're not all created equally, but honestly I'm not sure what kind is best. Have you noticed an improvement in fruits? It looked like you had the other day.

-Ok so the holes on bottom weren’t plugged so I did that. Yes I had 8 holes micropored. 4 low and 4 high.....I was just afraid if I plugged all holes it would create a vacuum, so that was my reasoning for the micropore. I taped them back up this morning. When I went to tape up my bottom holes I noticed a good amount of standing water pour out when I tilted it :( I’m sure that isn’t ideal!!! “Not properly drained when resoked”. So I poured all that out. 

The RH in the room I’m using flux’s between 60-80. Temp stays at 73. I will try to get close to the Perlite with mist and see how that helps. 

I noticed a slight difference in fruit size, nothing significant. 

Ive wondered about the hygrometer and it’s quality. And if it’s really even getting me an accurate reading siting in the COLD perlite?

Just a note..... My Shroom Bible SWEARS by light. I do have a timed 12/12 indirect grow light about 4’ above everything. But the lid to my SGFC is grey, not clear. Im sure this is having an impact on growth, size, and direction???

MysticMadness

Yeah you can plug all of them and it will be fine. No worries there. :) 

Can you try to elevate the hygrometer? If I recall correctly, water vapor is lighter than air. Whether or not that would really make a difference I have no clue but I suppose it's worth a shot. If it does happen to give you a higher reading, I'd elevate the cakes too. 

Did the book give any specific reasons as to why it recommends the light? Fungi doesn't undergo photosynthesis and therefore doesn't use light like plants, but I know that book is newer so perhaps it has some explanation? I've never tried growing in 100% darkness nor would I recommend it, but I've never seen a difference in ambient daylight vs. artificial light other than the direction. 

• Like 1

MysticMadness

Dubs are looking good brother! :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

Borgfer4542
8 hours ago, MysticMadness said:

Dubs are looking good brother! :thumbs_up:

Thanks man! I made a mistake today and asked my wife to mist and fan because I knew I’d be home late. When I got home she had a look on her face.... I looked and she misted to hard. There’s some pretty bad bruising. Will this grow out or will it stay blue in spots?

MysticMadness

Hahaha poor wife. I bet she felt terrible. I wouldn't worry about it. I've gotten in a hurry and got too close before myself. It may stay blue, it may dry out/die/turn yellowish, and it may even turn white again. It'll be fine though. I've had ENTIRE tubs turn blue from heavy misting/dunking in hard water and they were fine and even still fruited pretty well. 

That said, it's not ideal so try to avoid it, but it'll be fine. It happens. 

• Haha 1

MysticMadness

LOL! Yeah no worries at all with that tub! Looking good my friend!

• Like 1

MysticMadness

I have a love/hate relationship with clusters. I love how they look, but I hate that you pretty much have to pick the little guys which are attached and not really ready yet. Then again, I usually just pick the whole tub at once these days anyways. 

I'm not sure about the dub>zombie tub conversion. Maybe someone else can ring in on that one. I don't see why you couldn't though. 

• Like 2

Borgfer4542
1 minute ago, MysticMadness said:

I have a love/hate relationship with clusters. I love how they look, but I hate that you pretty much have to pick the little guys which are attached and not really ready yet. Then again, I usually just pick the whole tub at once these days anyways. 

I'm not sure about the dub>zombie tub conversion. Maybe someone else can ring in on that one. I don't see why you couldn't though. 

Right! It was hard to rock n twist out of there! But yeah about the dub>zombie... That would be nice if I could.. 

• Like 1

Borgfer4542

I guess one thing I didn’t plan for was what the fuck I was gonna use to put all these on!!?? 

Thank you ALL for the open arms to teach! Very great full for this site.

Bulk subs in soak now for 2nd flush. Tubs converted to Zombie.

Print Done

Can’t wait to try agar, cloning, my own grain, MonoTub w/POO n Gypsum. Coming very soon.... 

8A97D257-7B11-4329-B847-0ECF2D3E3DC0.jpeg

MysticMadness

I just put them directly on whatever I'm going to dry on. I have a few old window screens that I use. I have a milk crate which I put a box fan on (pulling down), then a screen with mush on it, then a coke can on each corner for a total of four, then another screen, more coke cans, another screen, etc. If I run out of those I use air filters strapped to a fan.

Looking good though brother. Proud of you! Good job taking the print. :)

• Like 1

Borgfer4542

Second flush I converted to Zombie Tubs.... And what a size difference! Some I’m sure will be double the size of my first flush booms! Excited to start my next project. 2 1qt grains in incubator now with my own spores from my first flush. Day 4 and already showing growth!! Fun shit

07AE98C8-BF59-4DEC-BB24-92054A8E6A30.jpeg

• Like 1

Tripster727

Beautiful! Congrats 👏

• Like 1