• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

rachael47

This is my first grow and this is what I have going on. I want to go to Peru in January and I have no one to look after mushrooms. I have 3 bags that I soaked on nov 27th and rolled in verm. Not sure when I will have mushrooms. Probably soon and then I inoculated 12 half pint jars. So I am thinking a couple of more weeks until they are colonized and then a week later for full colonization. On the 3 bags is there a way maybe after the first flush I can delay fruiting again by not soaking bc I don’t want them growing when I won’t have anyone to water or fan. I really could use some help. Could someone answer this question for me since I would love to go to Peru but will not if I lose mushrooms and all that time and hard work will go down the drain.  Thanks so much. I can’t find any answers on this. 

DirtBagDan

Refrigerate them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rachael47

How long can they last like that in fridge?  How do I know how long to flush. Just keep picking until until no more mushrooms and then dunk? But if I want delay fruiting just put in fridge?  Should I wrap it up in the fridge? I really appreciate you answering my question.  This helps tremendously!!! Thank u

Yeatster

Possibly skipping a trip to Peru, for your mushies. Wow, now that's love for mush!

My apolagies for having no input, to your dilemma. I'm a mushtard, and still wet behind my gills. 

• Haha 1

rachael47

Yes I have put a lot of work into it. I wish someone could answer my question. Are u growing?

Yeatster
16 minutes ago, rachael47 said:

Yes I have put a lot of work into it. I wish someone could answer my question. Are u growing?

No. I am not. Yet. 

Let me put my phone down and yell for help...

Okay, the calvary will show up any moment now. 

• Thanks 1

GoAuto6

@mushmouth can you help her?

• Thanks 1

rachael47

You guys are awesome!!! I don’t pick them all at once correct?  Bc they won’t be ready all at once. How long does a flush usually last?  For the second flush how long does it take usually bc it has been two weeks and I still don’t have any pins. I love this community. I appreciate all the help!!!

mushmouth
1 hour ago, rachael47 said:

You guys are awesome!!! I don’t pick them all at once correct?  Bc they won’t be ready all at once. How long does a flush usually last?  For the second flush how long does it take usually bc it has been two weeks and I still don’t have any pins. I love this community. I appreciate all the help!!!

Wait until you see spores, a purpley hue on the top of the cap, then pluck every mushroom on that cake. Put that cake in a dunk for 24 hrs, then put it back in the FC. Do that for each cake.

2 weeks is a long time. Can you post some pics?

rachael47

I sure can post pics. I am a little concerned about one of the cakes because it has a little blue on it. I think it is just bruising tho. No smell or anything. These cakes were dunked and rolled on nov 27th.  Now when I am misting them I am misting the casing. I am doing it like 3 times a day. I have also cut back on fanning them to once a day since I want pins to happen. I need some advice. I have a humidifier going and it keeps it about 70% humidity. The bluish part doesn’t have any casing on that part. Does that mean it is dry? I hope I have said all the important information and any advice I would so love to hear since this is my first grow and I would rather stop problems before becoming a problem. The reason why there is black casing on the perlite is bc when I mist I dump the water  off the aluminum foil so I don’t have sitting water under the cakes. 

FDD76ABE-D829-499E-81F7-714EE9F4C5CF.jpeg

090ED1EA-854C-4593-825E-C4B585628C2F.jpeg

rachael47
9 hours ago, mushmouth said:

They'll stay good in the fridge for a good couple of months. Just store as they are.

With cakes you need to flush all mushrooms at once so you can give the cake a dunk.

I am confused on this comment. When the mushrooms grow they won’t all grow at the same time. I am confused. I don’t pick them pick right before the vail breaks and before they release spores. Can u explain the answer a little more for this newbie?  Thank ya!!

darkvoyager
7 hours ago, mushmouth said:

Wait until you see spores, a purpley hue on the top of the cap, then pluck every mushroom on that cake. Put that cake in a dunk for 24 hrs, then put it back in the FC. Do that for each cake.

2 weeks is a long time. Can you post some pics?

@rachael47 

rachael47
7 hours ago, darkvoyager said:

I am confused on this comment. When the mushrooms grow they won’t all grow at the same time. I am confused. I don’t pick them pick right before the vail breaks and before they release spores. Can u explain the answer a little more for this newbie?  Thank ya!!

darkvoyager
2 hours ago, rachael47 said:

Hey, they won’t all grow together but what he’s saying is wait until the cap starts to darken from spore production (happening underneath the cap) by then the mushroom is pretty mature. Harvesting before the veil breaks is how you get strongest fruits per gram. After that they basically stretch out and the magic is stretched out with it. So instead of 10mg per gram (example of course) it’ll be 10mg per 2 grams. If you don’t pick pick them before the veil breaks and before they release spores(typo?) you’re already on your way there. Basically let them mature some then pick them ALL OFF regardless of where some are at. 

hope that makes sense 

rachael47

When the veil breaks that is when they release their spores? How long after the veil breaks do u get the messy spores all over the place. I should check it before they release their spores.   Does spores have magic in them also which makes them stronger? So u are consuming the spores also which makes them stronger?  I appreciate all your help and now I understand about what to do. Thank u so much. Did u see my post with my pics with the little blue on one of my cakes. Do u mist the cakes directly or just the fruiting chamber and perlite? It has been two weeks since I birthed and still no pins. Could u help answer that question as well!!!

phish

Forget magic in spores, it’s irrelevant and doesn’t apply.

Simply... pick your fruits when the veils start to break and tear for maximum potency.You’ll know it when you see it.  If you want to make a spore print, let that mushroom cap flatten out before you pick it. They drop spores at about that time.

Youre hoping that your cakes have enough moisture in them to provide a good flush, where all your fruits on that cake mature and break veil. They may not all do that and you’ll notice that they seem to stop growing. At that point, just pick everything and soak and submerge the cake in distilled water in the fridge for 24 hours . Reroll in Vermiculite and place in your FC to fruit again.

Mist your sides of your fc, finely mist your cakes from overhead and fan like hell following. Do not soak your cakes though. Evaporation from the cake surface is what you want to achieve .It’s best to ease up on misting your cakes when pins appear.

Don't overthink this. It’s easy peasy but does requires PATIENCE

And you do want to keep fanning 3 times a day at least . A couple minutes is all it takes , as long as your cakes aren’t saturated from overmisting

• Like 1

mushmouth
4 hours ago, rachael47 said:

When the veil breaks that is when they release their spores? How long after the veil breaks do u get the messy spores all over the place. I should check it before they release their spores.   Does spores have magic in them also which makes them stronger? So u are consuming the spores also which makes them stronger?  I appreciate all your help and now I understand about what to do. Thank u so much. Did u see my post with my pics with the little blue on one of my cakes. Do u mist the cakes directly or just the fruiting chamber and perlite? It has been two weeks since I birthed and still no pins. Could u help answer that question as well!!!

Wow! Are you serious with this?

• Haha 2

rachael47

Serious about what? I just wondered why they were stronger before the veil breaks. Trying to put things together. I guess it was a stupid question. Sorry

• Confused 1

rachael47

Not sure what your problem is but I am sorry u feel that way!!!